Sennheiser IE7/IE8 canal-phones

Geordiefly

Standard Member
Hey all,

Im looking at massively upgrading my earphones but im unsure what to get. Ive decided to push the boat out and look for something up to or around £150. I've been through lots of reviews for several sets of earphones and they are all so mixed im having trouble finding one i can be happy with!

- They must be in-ear canal-phones, not buds or headphones, due to me only wearing one side half of the time (i need to hear whats going on around me too while at work)

- I listen to all sorts of music from Norah Jones to Paramore, Marylin Manson to Chilled Euphoria. I also listen to audio books and stand up comedy. Would be used along side movies too (iphone)

- I would like a really good all-rounder that has pretty good bass too

Like the title says, i've looked at the Sennheiser IE range, am i in the right area or are there others that are better? Maybe better value for money etc? Is there any REAL difference between the IE7 model and the IE8 model?

Any help would be great! I've seen other threads asking this sort of stuff so ive tried to put plenty of info in straight away - Cheers!

Member 410254

Well there is a significant difference imho between the IE7 and IE8 headphones. I would actually say that the IE6 is a better headphone to go for as the musicality is greater on those than the IE7 however you will do well to find a set of Sennheiser made IE8 headphones for ~£150

Geordiefly

Standard Member
Well there is a significant difference imho between the IE7 and IE8 headphones. I would actually say that the IE6 is a better headphone to go for as the musicality is greater on those than the IE7 however you will do well to find a set of Sennheiser made IE8 headphones for ~£150
Thanks Cable - Ive had a look at the IE6 and they are very nice too, well within my budget! I've seen the IE8 on amazon uk for about £170 so its close enough.

Would you recommend anything other than Sennheiser?

I bought a pair of IE8 from ASK in London (Tottenham Court Road) and paid £170 for them. If you live near London I would recommend you paying them a visit. I just walked in and asked them for there best price. Tottenham Court Road is competitive when it comes to price as its nothing but electrical shops.

Also I would recommend the JVC HP-FX500 (UK model is the FX1000)
HA-FX1000 | JVC Wood Diaphragm In-Ear Canal Headphones at JVC
Singapore Store selling Victor-JVC hp-FX500 Wood Earphones (HA-FX1000)

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Got my IE8i's from advancemp3 - totally genuine and sound utterly amazing. had the Shure E5's prior to these, the IE8i's absolutely blow them away.

Comfortable, massive soundstage - they remind me of on ears rather than in ears.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom