Sennheiser IE300 In Ear Earphone Review & Comments

Completely different opinion to What HiFi! I’ve liked most of the Sennheisers I have tried but I think my days of using expensive (and wired) in ears are past.

Is the MMCX connector compatible with Shure, RHA etc cables?

If so, there's yer wireless option?

I can interchange my Shure SE425 buds with my RHA T20 wireless neckband, not saying it would be particularly cost effective or sensible to buy these to try this but checking its possible?

Completely different opinion to What HiFi! I’ve liked most of the Sennheisers I have tried but I think my days of using expensive (and wired) in ears are past.
I'm still up for expensive IEM's from non-mass market companies, but for "less critical" (I hate that phrase), I'm up for wireless now having tried some.

I'm still up for expensive IEM's from non-mass market companies, but for "less critical" (I hate that phrase), I'm up for wireless now having tried some.
Yeah, I’d use wireless IEM’s for convenience when out walking but in the house it is always over the ear for comfort. I know some of the expensive IEM’s have amazing sound quality but they’re just not for me.

avforum guys must be loaded in the financial sense and drugs if £250 is reasonable. Can I have a job please?

avforum guys must be loaded in the financial sense and drugs if £250 is reasonable. Can I have a job please?
LOL. It is all relative, some headphones cost more than £1000 so in that context these are reasonable. It really depends on how serious you are about listening to music through headphones/earphones. I think my Sennheiser HD800S was worth every penny but others wouldn’t spend more than £50. But then I think £25 a month for Sky is a waste of money, I don’t drink or smoke so music is my main hobby/vice.

@Ed Selley Any thoughts on pairing these with a Dragonfly DAC for use with an Android phone and a Windows laptop? Source material would be Tidal, Spotify and Flac files.

Last edited:
thanks for the review as these are exactly the kind of iem’s (Wired and under £500) I’m looking for for my new DAP. These look interesting.

Initial impressions are good once I found the right size earbud ( and type - memory foam ) to get a good seal. The over ear cable element is good and after a while I forget their physical presence were it not for the cable connected to my phone ( Samsung S9 ). I am currently subscribing to a 3 month free trial on Deezer and the Sennheisers make a positive difference. The lack of wireless is not a negative for me as I wanted a wired version for the best audio quality.

Will wait to see if the Dragonfly price drops on Amazon Prime day next month before purchasing one.

Strongly recommended at the current reduced price.

Bought them and returned them (note I have multiple Sen headphones)
I would recomend WF-1000XM3 instead - (to keep this short) much better

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom