• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SENNHEISER Headphones..HELP!!!

DeanoFunk

Standard Member
Hi all,

I am about to purchase some SENNHEISER headphones for DJing use and have about a £70 budget.

I have decided on the Sennheiser HD25SP but have realised that there are also Sennheiser HD25SP II,

I basically want to know what the difference is between the 2.

Thanks,

Broosta

I think I'm right in saying the Senn HD25 SP 'ii' is just the current version and there isn't a major difference from the non 'ii' - that is if you can still buy that old version.
However I know they can't hold a candle to the Senn HD25 ii(non SP) which are £130-ish, and even then many people find they have to recable them to get the best out of them. Admitedly this would have been for music listening rather than DJ-ing.
The AKG K181 DJ can be bought for £69 delivered, and is said to be a contender for the best DJ headphone, along with Technics RP DH1200(£95), Pioneer HDJ-1000(£130), and the Sony MDR-V700 DJ(£80).
Also Equation Audio RP21 is supposed to be a very good DJ headphone which if it can compete with others would be a top bargain as its only £45.
Another possibility is the AKG K518(£37) being the K181's little brother and is smaller and supra aural like the Senn HD25 as opposed to all the others mentioned which are all circum aural.

I am also trying to make up my mind on some DJ headphones and so have done a bit of research /\ :eek:!.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom