Question Sennheiser HD600 vs Sony WH-1000XM3

ddlooping

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps :)

I'm looking to sell my HD600 and get something lighter, more comfortable.
The Sony WH-1000XM3 is at the top of my list right now (I also like the idea of noise-cancellation and wireless-ness), but I was wondering how much of a "step down" it'd be in terms of SQ.

Any opinion based on actual experience would be appreciated. ;)

That's a good point, @mushii.
Mainly...
  • PC (lossless, mp3 files, music recording/mixing)
  • Denon AVR-3600 (movies, CDs, digital files)
  • Samsung Note 3 (mp3s) when out and about

Hi there, Samsung Note 4 owner here. Thought I was the only one with a disregard for the latest OS and manufacturer support.

If you get the timing right (use camel camel UK for Amazon price tracker) the XM3 gets decent discounts because the XM4 is out

If your Sennheiser HD600 is made in Ireland with the old packaging before production moved to Romania and is in good nick, someone is going to get a bargain. I would honestly keep hold of the HD600 for occasional home use. But if you want to downsize to a do it all headphone fair enough

Thanks for the tip @Steven :)

My HD600 is at least 12 years old but is almost as new as it's had almost no use whatsoever.
I still have the original packaging and will check where it was produced.

It's definitely a made Ireland set as i happen to own HD600 circa 2008 purchase date also. Sennheiser only moved production to Romania and cheapened the packaging around 2016 ish

If they really get that little use then I guess it is understandable the desire to sell! Shame. Basically vintage 😎

If it wasn't for the fact that I do find them quite uncomfortable (especially when I wear glasses, which is more often than not) I would definitely keep them. 🙁
I guess my ears and head are the wrong shape. o_O

I have both and the HD600 are in a different league for sound quality in my opinion, I also do not like the closed design which causes too much pressure on my ears so am going to sell my Sony's as I prefer my Airpod Pro's.

Thanks for the feedback, @mij :)
You wouldn't fancy a second pair of HD600 by any chance?
If yes, maybe we could come to some kind of deal as I'd very much like to own a pair of noise-cancelling/wireless headphones.

Thanks for the feedback, @mij :)
You wouldn't fancy a second pair of HD600 by any chance?
If yes, maybe we could come to some kind of deal as I'd very much like to own a pair of noise-cancelling/wireless headphones.
I may do, annoying as I recently purchased some replacement parts for mine ;)

Maybe discuss via PM and we could do a wanted or for sale thread so as to not break any rules?

I have both and the HD600 are in a different league for sound quality in my opinion, I also do not like the closed design which causes too much pressure on my ears so am going to sell my Sony's as I prefer my Airpod Pro's.
Great minds. I ordered double spare ear pads and headbands from Thomann DE before Brexit, as no UK stockist at the start of the month 😛

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom