Sennheiser HD 205. Good move?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by andyturner28, Dec 18, 2006.

1. andyturner28

andyturner28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

I have just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 205 headphones to replace my disintegrating Sony MDR-CD570's and am just wondering what everyones opinion is on these. I have tried one on either ear and switched them over and i can't decide which is best. The Sony's seem a little more open and transparent but the Senheiser's bass is a lot better but the midrange is too soft, and they are very tight to the point they give me a headache.

What do people think of the latest Sony headphones, particularly the replacement to the MDR-CD570's, and how do they compare to the equivelently priced Sennheiser's, bearing in mind my old Sony's cost £60 and the 205's cost £29. I bought the 205's because they were cheap and they have a good reputation, but i am starting to think i should have looked around a bit more and spent a bit more money. I don't really want to spend over £50 though as i am SUPPOSED to be saving to go on holiday in Jan.

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Andy.

P.S. Do headphones need running in too? Maybe thats why i am not blown away by the 205's?

2. andyturner28

andyturner28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much for all your help:mad:! Dont strain your fingers anyway as i have decided to keep them.