Sennheiser G4ME One Gaming Headset Review

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Manny Brown, May 3, 2015.

1. Manny Brown

Manny Brown
      AVF Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +157
    2. El_MUERkO

El_MUERkO

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +60
      Interesting to see Sennheiser move into this market, cleaver of them as PC gaming matures there is more money to be spent on high end products.

As an avid gamer I've gone through my fair share of gaming headsets, in the end I ditched the gaming branded cans and bought a set of 'Creative Aurvana Live!' headphones and a cheap clip on microphone, the result is a deep distrust of 'gaming' sets, the Aurvana's range, fidelity and clarity were of a different caliber. Hopefully Sennheiser will not short gamers as other brands obviously have been.

3. Det

Det
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9,081
      Thanks for the review. From reading it I would have thought it scored a 7 rather than an 8... because it seems to be above average ( a 7) in just about everything with a couple niceties. I'll be giving them a miss unfortunately (b/c I like the brand), or wait for their second iteration where they include a bit more in the package.

4. Speed

Speed

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +175
      Couple of things, firstly you have the wrong image at the top of the review. That is the Sennheiser G4ME Zero, you can tell as they are foldable and it has those nasty fake leather cushions that squeak like crazy (one of the reasons I went for the Sennheiser G4ME One truth be told). Bit of a school boy error there if I'm honest!

You are also a bit late to the party, these have been out for ages. That being said, it was a decent review and I agree with you on most of the points. I own these after having the lovely PC360s which had a failed mic, getting these as a warranty replacement and the sound quality is like for like. The build quality on the other hand isn't as good and you are very much on the money about it being plasticky, especially at this price point. Mine has a frame squeak when putting them on, which annoys me a little but I'm sure it isn't common.

A bit more in the box? Are you really passing a headset because it lacks a few adapters you can pick up off eBay and the like for a couple of quid? lol

I can recommend them on a sound quality point of view, also the mic is second to none on a consumer headset.

5. Det

Det
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9,081
      Forgive me, I meant package as in "the whole package"... not the box. I don't care about adapters, I have those coming out of my ears in my garage.

It doesn't sound like it "excels" at any one thing, but that it's pretty good at everything. I have lots of headphones, gaming, stereo, 7.1, etc... so I'd like it to be great before I buy. And perhaps I'm reading a bit too much into how many times he reiterates how "plastic" the cans are. At that price it should be close to competing with Astro A40s for gaming, which it is not if what I read was an accurate representation of the cans.

6. Speed

Speed

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +175
      Ah I see, yes that makes more sense. I've yet to use a headset that sounds as good to me personally and at the time I wanted a really good mic, for me at least it ticked both boxes.

The plastic is good quality which makes the cans feel solid and it looks the part, but it isn't up to the same sort of standards I've come to expect from the higher end Sennheiser models. They are also extremely comfortable for me, the velvet cushions and fit are near perfect, I forget I have them on during long gaming sessions.

Still going on reviews purely is a mistake, I'd recommend grabbing a pair from Amazon if you are seriously considering them. You can always return them if you don't find them to your liking.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    7. Manny Brown

Manny Brown
      AVF Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +157
      Cheers @Speed, that'll teach me to upload a review without much sleep! Image changed.

8. Speed

Speed

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +175
      No worries, happy to help! :)