Sennheiser ew G4 Antenna question

Seratone

Novice Member
Reaction score
My band recently went 'In Ear' using a Zoom Digital mixer with 6 separate monitor outs. I'm the keyboard player, and so far the only one to invest in a full Transmitter/Receiver unit - I got a used Sennheiser ew G4. My 'reception' was just OK in our rehearsal space - but terrible at home. Not dropouts, just waves and waves of interference. I know I have a great deal to learn about gain stages, but my question is about the antenna. I have the G4 in a rack - the antenna is currently buried - I plan on taking it out this weekend and troubleshooting it. I have noticed B&H photo sells kits to move the antenna to the front of the unit. (although pricey and they don't ship to Canada). Does anyone know of any Antenna hacks that might work? Can I extend the antenna out from the back of the unit with some specific Coaxial? or does it require the antenna remain in the chassis?

Last edited:
Use the autoscan option to find free frequencies with the receiver, choose the bank of your choice. Later on you can sync the settings from the receiver into the transmitter. Just hold both Ir-ports opposite eachother and sync. Search YT for instructions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom