Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar

I'd appreciate your opinion without the sub, currently have a Yamaha 2700 with a sub and trying to avoid tagging one on to a purchase of one of these if at all possible.

I'd appreciate your opinion without the sub, currently have a Yamaha 2700 with a sub and trying to avoid tagging one on to a purchase of one of these if at all possible.
Yep,that were my thoughts.I also have the 2700 set up in a spare room.Will let you know how that compares too.As I said earlier,bear with as I have a lot going on atm.I will try to give a descent comparison in the next week or so.
Cheers.

Everything is up and running.Absolute doddle to install,and I am crap at that sort of thing!Non of the issues that plagued in the early days,firmware up to date.Have not had much time with it yet and am working all weekend so will post initial impressions later next week.What I can say is that I am impressed so far, with very limited time spent.The thing that the wife and I both noticed straight away though,is how clear dialogue is.It is a real biggie for us and I have never heard it this clear before.
I am using movie mode atm.I quite like the boost setting but most reviewers advise steering clear and using standard.What are peoples thoughts on boost?Also,Is there anything I should know about the equaliser settings?
Cheers.

Everything is up and running.Absolute doddle to install,and I am crap at that sort of thing!Non of the issues that plagued in the early days,firmware up to date.Have not had much time with it yet and am working all weekend so will post initial impressions later next week.What I can say is that I am impressed so far, with very limited time spent.The thing that the wife and I both noticed straight away though,is how clear dialogue is.It is a real biggie for us and I have never heard it this clear before.
I am using movie mode atm.I quite like the boost setting but most reviewers advise steering clear and using standard.What are peoples thoughts on boost?Also,Is there anything I should know about the equaliser settings?
Cheers.
I use boost

Does anyone have any pics of how the amebo looks within the home and next to the tv?? I hear it’s big!
Stunning piece of tech. Well worth the money (8/10 without a sub)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 266
Is that sub the asw610?If so,how do you find it with the soundbar combo?I am looking to upgrade my budget focal and the B&W is on my short list.
It's the ASW608 - perfect for my room size. Adding a sub definitely enhances the experience and I couldn't go back without a sub. Even though the sub within the soundbar is impressive - It just needed that punch. Watched Spider-Man - Into the verse and some of the scenes towards the end of the movie were brilliant with the speaker demonstrating brilliant directional sound. For me, it needs a sub but for others, the bass will be sufficient. I use boost mode, too

It's the ASW608 - perfect for my room size. Adding a sub definitely enhances the experience and I couldn't go back without a sub. Even though the sub within the soundbar is impressive - It just needed that punch. Watched Spider-Man - Into the verse and some of the scenes towards the end of the movie were brilliant with the speaker demonstrating brilliant directional sound. For me, it needs a sub but for others, the bass will be sufficient. I use boost mode, too
Thanks for that.I have been testing discs,streamed stuff etc. without a sub.As soon as I hooked up the focal,it sounded much better.LFE's had the impact that were missing.
Just out of interest,the B&W 600 series subs have an a,b and c setting,which I find confusing,(technophobe).Which setting do you use and what is the difference?
Cheers.

Thanks for that.I have been testing discs,streamed stuff etc. without a sub.As soon as I hooked up the focal,it sounded much better.LFE's had the impact that were missing.
Just out of interest,the B&W 600 series subs have an a,b and c setting,which I find confusing,(technophobe).Which setting do you use and what is the difference?
Cheers.

I leave mine to A - it's a BASS Extension - It's a setting for low frequency bass. I would leave it to A but Bowers and Wilkins says this:

"The BASS EXTENSION switch offers three options of subwoofer bass extension. Position A gives the greatest extension and position C gives the least extension. Position B provides a compromise setting. If the system is to be used at very high volume levels or in a large listening room, restricting the bass extension by selecting either B or C may help ensure that the subwoofer is not asked to exceed its performance limits. In most situations the BASS EXTENSION switch should be left in position A."

Hope this helps, pal.

After two days playing around this is a hell of a soundbar😆 Where the ysp 5600 failed to deliver the goodies this one take the hurdles with ease. Sides, heights and even backwards are no problem. Installation went flawless , no lip syn with the Q90r . I put the nsw 300 from Yamaha as additional sub before i sell it for additional punch but there is no really need too however as long as my partner doesn't moan too much it stays :oops: Very clean solution but at a high price point but for me this is what i'm looking for many many years. Thanks Sennheiser 😍

Attachments

• IMG_20191009_161246.jpg
    IMG_20191009_161246.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_20191009_161318.jpg
    IMG_20191009_161318.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 269
Ran into a problem a couple of times.The app will not connect to the speaker via bluetooth.I have tried deleting app and re-installing.Also unplugged soundbar, waited a minute or so,plugged back in.Still will not connect.Any advice?
Cheers.

Ran into a problem a couple of times.The app will not connect to the speaker via bluetooth.I have tried deleting app and re-installing.Also unplugged soundbar, waited a minute or so,plugged back in.Still will not connect.Any advice?
Cheers.
Same happened to me... it took about 100 attempt. In the end it worked with my iPhone X. Temporarily set it up on my wife’s iPhone 7 Plus. Try angling your phone, weird, I know. Might of been coincidence.

Cheers.
Got it working,wife sorted it out!
Steve Withers review is pretty much spot on for my room.I do not get any rear sound as there are curtains directly behind our seating area.I were not expecting rear sound either.For that reason,the samsung probably does better surround sound.However,what sw.does not mention is clarity,detail, exceptional precision of the ambeo and the cohesion of the sound field is far better than the samsung imo.In fact it is a match for my mid range avr+speaker set up.The ability to pick out the finest of detail and place it so accurately is astonishing for a soundbar.
Compared with my yamaha 2700,well,there is no comparison!The 2700 is still fantastic but sounds distinctly flat vs. the ambeo.
The icing on the cake,is when I attached the sub.Much better lfe's. and an overall better sound imo. It is worth considering.
Time to spin another movie,
Cheers.

Same happened to me... it took about 100 attempt. In the end it worked with my iPhone X. Temporarily set it up on my wife’s iPhone 7 Plus. Try angling your phone, weird, I know. Might of been coincidence.
I will try that if it happens again.
The wife did something in the bluetooth options,selecting forget this device.Then something in the smart app,not sure what? but it did the trick.She is far smarter than me,luckily!

Great movie to try out your sennheiser is Crawl blu-ray version lot's of thunder , rain, stormy weather and of course the scary alligators :eek: The Ambeo plays it perfect man i love this peace hi-tech:love::love:
Even Mozart in the jungle on Amazon ,the clarity this piece give to the classical part :smashin::smashin:🤩

Got to say I am loving mine more and more. I am getting definite sound from behind me (my sofa is against wall) and clarity is just fantastic.

Got to say I am loving mine more and more. I am getting definite sound from behind me (my sofa is against wall) and clarity is just fantastic.
To me it was love at first sight it does everything beyond my expectations . And i do got a big gap at the left side which the ysp 5600 never got that right. This baby eats the yammy alive:D

I had some bad news from Arman at Senn. yesterday.The bluetooth disconnect problem that I have can not be resolved.The problem is caused by the ios13 update on the iphone 6s.The good news for most,is that apple and senn are working on a fix.The bad news for me is,that fix will not be coming to the iphone 6s as apple will not be issuing any firmware updates for that model.
I am pretty chuffed off as Senn are fully aware of this and yet potential buyers have not a clue.I suppose it will only affect a few technophobe dinosaurs like Me.The choice is to return the bar,or to invest in a new phone.Considering the phone's only use will be to control the soundbar,well what do you think the answer will be?

I had some bad news from Arman at Senn. yesterday.The bluetooth disconnect problem that I have can not be resolved.The problem is caused by the ios13 update on the iphone 6s.The good news for most,is that apple and senn are working on a fix.The bad news for me is,that fix will not be coming to the iphone 6s as apple will not be issuing any firmware updates for that model.
I am pretty chuffed off as Senn are fully aware of this and yet potential buyers have not a clue.I suppose it will only affect a few technophobe dinosaurs like Me.The choice is to return the bar,or to invest in a new phone.Considering the phone's only use will be to control the soundbar,well what do you think the answer will be?
Invest in an iPad then? Cheaper and bigger screen to in home use?

Invest in an iPad then? Cheaper and bigger screen to in home use?
Still do not know which direction to go yet.I am into countryside walking and getting out and about.I would feel more comfortable with a piece of dog poo in my hands than a piece of tech!I might be able to chat one of my mates up and scrounge something along on the cheap.Good call though,cheers.

Still do not know which direction to go yet.I am into countryside walking and getting out and about.I would feel more comfortable with a piece of dog poo in my hands than a piece of tech!I might be able to chat one of my mates up and scrounge something along on the cheap.Good call though,cheers.
An iPad gen 5 basic 9.7inch would be a cheaper buy than getting a new phone... just depends if you feel you’re phone is due an upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom