Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar

jkharmer

Got my Ambeo back from Sennheiser having had to send it into them because the Ambeo light wouldn’t illuminate. Got it back within 5 days and then as soon as I turn Ambeo 3D sound off and then back on again, the light fails again!
This will be my second Ambeo soundbar (the first failed completely) so can’t say I’m too impressed with a £2300 product being so flakey.
Anybody else has this fault?
Turn my ambeo light off as it is too distracting for my liking :)

uk1

Got my Ambeo back from Sennheiser having had to send it into them because the Ambeo light wouldn’t illuminate. Got it back within 5 days and then as soon as I turn Ambeo 3D sound off and then back on again, the light fails again!
This will be my second Ambeo soundbar (the first failed completely) so can’t say I’m too impressed with a £2300 product being so flakey.
Anybody else has this fault?
If it worked at Sennheiser but not when you received it .....

This is probably a waste of time, but if you are controlling from the app, then it might be worth trying deleting the app doing an ipad or whatever reset to clear any legacy and reinstalling it.

Last edited:

bromberg

i have a shield and a apple tv (shield only for proper true hd).
I actually doesnt like my shield interface and its rather faulty.
I like my apple tv with infuse.
Since apple doesnt support true hd im choosing lpcm option for audio (best sound).
Im wondering if the ambeo can make some sort of ambeo like sound with a 7.1 lpcm signal from an Apple TV?
I know it isn't real atmos, but is it processed in the ambeo soundbar as a atmos track?

Sir QD oled

i have a shield and a apple tv (shield only for proper true hd).
I actually doesnt like my shield interface and its rather faulty.
I like my apple tv with infuse.
Since apple doesnt support true hd im choosing lpcm option for audio (best sound).
Im wondering if the ambeo can make some sort of ambeo like sound with a 7.1 lpcm signal from an Apple TV?
I know it isn't real atmos, but is it processed in the ambeo soundbar as a atmos track?
Tough one, depends on your incoming bit rate, the better the audio the more it will sound like an atmos track. The up mixing ambeo will be 5.1 lpcm but the processing can make you believe there are some high channels out there at best. I did some low bit rate 5.1 aac (lpcm) testing are depending on the track there were some real good ones and others were a real disappointment.

Headhacker

If it worked at Sennheiser but not when you received it .....

This is probably a waste of time, but if you are controlling from the app, then it might be worth trying deleting the app doing an ipad or whatever reset to clear any legacy and reinstalling it.
Tried this but the Ambeoi light has started flickering and went out again! Possibly a loose connection I guess.. anyway it’s gone back to Sennheiser. I’m doing well so far , two soundbars in just over 6 weeks. Hopefully I’ll get one that lasts longer than that when Sennheiser send me a replacement

uk1

Tried this but the Ambeoi light has started flickering and went out again! Possibly a loose connection I guess.. anyway it’s gone back to Sennheiser. I’m doing well so far , two soundbars in just over 6 weeks. Hopefully I’ll get one that lasts longer than that when Sennheiser send me a replacement

The Ambeo light is clearly a concern for you.

RF79

Standard Member
Is it just me missing something or is the Ambeo not compatible with the sky remote control? I’m trying to link it to control the sound via sky but it doesn’t seem to be on the list of devices you can set against - seems odd for such a premium soundbar.

a5ian300zx

How is everyone find the dialogue performance, I sometimes struggle to hear what is being said but it could be me.

I have re calibrated and have subwoofer attached and tweaked the Ambeo settings for clarity.

I also find the light quite distracting and recently bought blackout lightdims for the standby light.

Sir QD oled

How is everyone find the dialogue performance, I sometimes struggle to hear what is being said but it could be me.

I have re calibrated and have subwoofer attached and tweaked the Ambeo settings for clarity.

I also find the light quite distracting and recently bought blackout lightdims for the standby light.
Hi,
If all speakers in the ambeo are fit to the job you should have no issues hearing clear dialogue. I had a few questions from over the pound regarding that dialogue clearness. Like not other you know much is depending on the source material . Honestly if i play a few tv shows with heavy dialogue in pcm codec there are some parts that sound more muffled then others. Comparing same shows on a samsung Q70r soundbar in adaptive mode it sounds better in that same dialogue. ( but space is a lot smaller)
In atmos and dts-x soundtracks lies the strength with the ambeo.
Music sounds good but i like the Yamaha musiccast more. Same with the samsung ,low bit rate dialogue sounds better on that device.
In the app you can turn the ambeo light off and yes it's annoying . So it isn't all sugar and cream and there are definitely some weaker points with this soundbar. At that price there should be none or almost none. ;)

uk1

I sometimes struggle with dialog but have rightly or worngly concluded that I'm expecting what is an exp[ensive soundbar and sub setup to correct poor sound sources. Sometimes I think we aren't accepting that not all expensively produced material has excellent sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom