Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar

GAJA1971

I have tried all 67 available codes but no joy.
Sorry to hear that & frustrating as my Sky remote can control the volume without issue on the Ambeo so it is definitely possible. My TV has the eArc function and hasn't had any issue with connection to the Ambeo so If I remember correctly, I just chose Samsung (the brand of my TV) and it worked on the second code it gave me.

ultima69

Standard Member
Sorry to hear that & frustrating as my Sky remote can control the volume without issue on the Ambeo so it is definitely possible. My TV has the eArc function and hasn't had any issue with connection to the Ambeo so If I remember correctly, I just chose Samsung (the brand of my TV) and it worked on the second code it gave me.
Ah I understand I too have a Samsung and can control the Ambeo from the TV in the same way as you but you get the annoying volume banner on the TV If the remote would talk directly to the Ambeo using the Skyq control sound system settings it would eliminate that.

uk1

Hi all, hope somone can help ...

I have a Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar connected via earc to my AF9. I have an Apple TV 4k connected to the TV. For reasons I won't bore with I cannot connect the Apple TV direct to the bar because the slots are required elsewhere!

My Netflix and Amazon Apps on both the AF9 and Apple TV confirm either Dolby Digital Plus or Atmos to the soundbar but Youtube never seems recognised either via the native app or the apple app. I've tried all the usual things of reinstalling etc but nothing makes the Ambeo confirm a Dolby signal. High speed hdmi cables are used.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jeff

RamsAV

Standard Member
Does anybody else’s Ambeo turn itself on from standby?

Mildly annoying when you hear a bong and another when it turns itself off.

Very annoying when Sky Q booms out in the middle of the night !

ultima69

Standard Member

You can turn that off in the app I believe under settings 'sound feedback'

ultima69

Standard Member

Do you get a crack sound when you change SKYQ channels?

Sir QD oled

Ambeo's version of Poltergeist :eek:

bromberg

After 6 weeks i finally got my ambeo back from repair.

can anyone please tell me how make different presets for sources?
I have my shield plugged directly in ambeo and use my sub here in the “movie” preset.

id like my tv signal without sub in “news” preset.
(My tv is via cable).
Shouldnt this be possible?

Sir QD oled

After 6 weeks i finally got my ambeo back from repair.

can anyone please tell me how make different presets for sources?
I have my shield plugged directly in ambeo and use my sub here in the “movie” preset.

id like my tv signal without sub in “news” preset.
(My tv is via cable).
Shouldnt this be possible?
You can fix this in the app manually sub on or off on hdtv signal so every tv you go to that signal it should be with sub off

Jokerr

I was thinking about buying Ambeo Bar again after returning in 2019 due to the common crackling sound issue. However just read pages 20 to 37 on this thread and Wow so many new issues. No way am i risking another purchase. Ridiculous at this price.

I feel that the product is just not ready yet and buyers are suffering severely. It is painful and stressful. Save yourselves from the hurt.

Last edited:

Talkshowchris

I was thinking about buying Ambeo Bar again after returning in 2019 due to the common crackling sound issue. However just read pages 20 to 37 on this thread and Wow so many new issues. No way am i risking another purchase. Ridiculous at this price.

I feel that the product is just not ready yet and buyers are suffering severely. It is painful and stressful. Save yourselves from the hurt.
Good call.
Try another brand.

Geezerh

Novice Member

Well I’ve had mine over 2 weeks now and I’ve put it through it’s paces and the only issue I had was the Sky crack that I got around, I’ve also found the putting the Ambeo to boost massively increases the Atmos effect, i put a Cambridge Minx sub on her yesterday spent a good hour tuning everything again and well pleased with the result, so as it stands 👍

Sir QD oled

uk1

I understand the concern and caution. But I don't agree that current customers are suffering severely. Clearly there were some in the early days who had problems and they spoke regularly of them.

Reading the thread, up until around page 29 or so takes you to around February and on from that fairly few issues and some of those are from a few people repeating and some are emergent from earlier bars. It seems to me that rom around April issues tailed off considerably with much much fewer recent issues. I'm just not seeing many recent issues.

With my bar, I find at the moment that the bar and app are quirky . Sometimes you work out how to reestablish handshakes etc and I'd say the box isn't as silky smooth in operation as it might be. I recognise some of the handshake issues some have and simple worked out a couple of taps that seems to do things.

Also relatively few people have problems and the thread has relatively few posters - the top three posters are a third of all posts.

I'm clearly tempting the fickle finger of fate hereabout my own one but I'd view posts here in perspective and consider giving it another go. My one is on for around 18 hours a day and we're so far thrilled with it and have a BK due shortly. M few is that the sound is well worth the risk of a retry.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jeff

Geezerh

Novice Member
I understand the concern and caution. But I don't agree that current customers are suffering severely. Clearly there were some in the early days who had problems and they spoke regularly of them.

Reading the thread, up until around page 29 or so takes you to around February and on from that fairly few issues and some of those are from a few people repeating and some are emergent from earlier bars. It seems to me that rom around April issues tailed off considerably with much much fewer recent issues. I'm just not seeing many recent issues.

With my bar, I find at the moment that the bar and app are quirky . Sometimes you work out how to reestablish handshakes etc and I'd say the box isn't as silky smooth in operation as it might be. I recognise some of the handshake issues some have and simple worked out a couple of taps that seems to do things.

Also relatively few people have problems and the thread has relatively few posters - the top three posters are a third of all posts.

I'm clearly tempting the fickle finger of fate hereabout my own one but I'd view posts here in perspective and consider giving it another go. My one is on for around 18 hours a day and we're so far thrilled with it and have a BK due shortly. M few is that the sound is well worth the risk of a retry.

Jeff
Too right after seeing all the negativity it’s a bit like Covid will it happen to me 😂

Pucmeloud

I have my third AMBEO soundbar in the last year. The calibration system stopped working for the first piece after a few weeks. The seller offered me a new piece. It started after five months shutting down due to overheating. Finally, one amplifier module became blocked (red light at the back side). Two days ago I brought a new third piece...for how long? From me it is the last chance for Sennheiser AMBEO soundbar.

Last edited:

Sir QD oled

Hopefully for longer than your previous used ambeos. Bad luck, friend!

Last edited by a moderator:

uk1

I have my third AMBEO soundbar in the last year. The calibration system stopped working for the first piece after a few weeks. The seller offered me a new piece. It started after five months shutting down due to overheating. Finally, one amplifier module became blocked (red light at the back side). Two days ago I brought a new third piece...for how long? From me it is the last chance for Sennheiser AMBEO soundbar.
Hi, exactly my point.

Your first two soundbars were much earlier bars. Good luck with the latest one.

Jeff

Jokerr

Jeff
Thank you. So perhaps new firmware updates post February addressed the muffled speaker issue. I didn’t have such an issue on my Ambeo Bar. Also was running App on iPad and it seemed to be fairly reliable after they made a major update.

i just don’t know. Without the constant cracklings problem, it was incredibly good and sounded fantastic.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.

Latest News

Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett