Quantcast

Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar

Talkshowchris

Sorry to hear that.

I am patiently waiting for the Klipsch atmos soundbar as nothing else suits my requirements but looks like it might never be released :(
I am currently thinking the only options are the new Klipsch, the Sony ST5000 or the new LG SN11RG.
The former and latter have no release dates or pricing unfortunately.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
I am currently thinking the only options are the new Klipsch, the Sony ST5000 or the new LG SN11RG.
The former and latter have no release dates or pricing unfortunately.
Yeah the LG is another option but I need a powerful sub or the ability of hook to an external wired sub which only the Klipsch offers plus it's wooden construction which should eliminate all the pitfalls of plastic enclosure.

Sir Oled

Maybe this an other option :

-https://studioart-revox.com/studioart-s100-audiobar/37/studioart-s100-audiobar

Talkshowchris

Yeah the LG is another option but I need a powerful sub or the ability of hook to an external wired sub which only the Klipsch offers plus it's wooden construction which should eliminate all the pitfalls of plastic enclosure.
The Klipsch is looking like summer or autumn.
What's the consensus on the Sony ST5000?
I had the Sony Z9f for a week whilst my previous Ambeo was away for testing and was very impressed with the sub.
The Atmos wasn't great, but it was virtual.

storm1970

Banned
So after reading a lot of these tech issue/problems guys are having with the so called benchmark Sennheiser AMBEO Atmos Soundbar im starting to think coronavirus has more fans and its to b avoided

Talkshowchris

After my Ambeo is collected tomorrow I'm going to be without a soundbar for the first time for four years.
I'm very tempted by the Sony ST5000 as I've been looking at some excellent reviews over the last day or two.

Sir Oled

So after reading a lot of these tech issue/problems guys are having with the so called benchmark Sennheiser AMBEO Atmos Soundbar im starting to think coronavirus has more fans and its to b avoided
Well all is relative , it's mainly the same people who had issues with it and there also who complain and don't own the product o_O it's an expensive product which take an big gap out of your budget and if it doesn't fulfill your expectations your likely not so forgiving to it.
I have zero issues with it no crackling , no drop out or whatever is it perfect ? no it isn't but it is a fine product. People who are satisfied don't make that much noise but those with issues do, that's what that thread is for but comparing it with something causes death and sadness is a bridge too far and unappropriated:thumbsdow

mambo1888

Ask the retailer if a refund is an option.
You can cite the worries on here as a reason.
Cheers for the suggestion Chris, I spoke with Sevenoaks and they have agreed to a refund rather than replacement. I have to say they have been spot on, would definitely use them again. Hopefully Sennheiser don’t give up on the soundbar market and come out with an improved version at some point.

I may go back to the Sonos setup although I would really like an updated playbar.

Will hold off for a while and see what comes out over the next few months

Talkshowchris

Cheers for the suggestion Chris, I spoke with Sevenoaks and they have agreed to a refund rather than replacement. I have to say they have been spot on, would definitely use them again. Hopefully Sennheiser don’t give up on the soundbar market and come out with an improved version at some point.

I may go back to the Sonos setup although I would really like an updated playbar.

Will hold off for a while and see what comes out over the next few months
Sevenoaks have been brilliant for me too.
Can't fault them.

Hope to buy my next soundbar from them.

Zimmer

Standard Member
Well after about 6 months of using this awesome soundbar, unfortunately, like others here, I've fallen victim to the centre speaker issue. It's all of a sudden gone quieter and a bit muffled. The rest of the surround effects/volumes are ok. Now it's not usable as movie dialog is too quiet. I thought it may have been something to do with the firmware 1.0.122 update as it coincided with that, but seems from this forum it's separate issue. Gutted!!!

Sir Oled

Well after about 6 months of using this awesome soundbar, unfortunately, like others here, I've fallen victim to the centre speaker issue. It's all of a sudden gone quieter and a bit muffled. The rest of the surround effects/volumes are ok. Now it's not usable as movie dialog is too quiet. I thought it may have been something to do with the firmware 1.0.122 update as it coincided with that, but seems from this forum it's separate issue. Gutted!!!
Plug it out for 10 minutes recalibrate the Ambeo and if still an issue contact support Good luck

Zimmer

Standard Member
Plug it out for 10 minutes recalibrate the Ambeo and if still an issue contact support Good luck
Yeah, already tried that twice with a reset, but it's still the same.

As someone else has mentioned here, the centre speaker is much better if you turn off the ambeo setting.

Using a sound channel test clip, with ambeo setting on, the centre speaker volume is lower and a lower frequency compared to left/right, and with ambeo off, the centre speaker is almost the same as left/right. So in theory it's a software issue. Stuff is kinda watchable with ambeo setting off, but obviously the overall sound effect is rubbish compared with having ambeo on. Will see what support has to say.

lazy 1

Novice Member
Good luck with getting your problem sorted, keep us updated.
I'm waiting to see how the teething problems go before I get one, as it's a huge layout for me.

RamsAV

Standard Member

As someone else has mentioned here, the centre speaker is much better if you turn off the ambeo setting.

Using a sound channel test clip, with ambeo setting on, the centre speaker volume is lower and a lower frequency compared to left/right, and with ambeo off, the centre speaker is almost the same as left/right. So in theory it's a software issue. Stuff is kinda watchable with ambeo setting off, but obviously the overall sound effect is rubbish compared with having ambeo on. Will see what support has to say.
Hi .. Sorry to hear of your problems.

Which sound channel test clip do you use?

My Ambeo has been much better and louder at a lower volume setting since the update. However, the rear is still not brilliant and I think it needs a sub.

Sir Oled

Did you try the full reset with button on the bottom of the ambeo or just with the app ?

midknight

Distinguished Member
Since the firmware upgrade mine keeps losing the centre speaker, happens when changing app or device. Turning it off then on again always brings it back but this new firmware has certainly broken something.

Zimmer

Standard Member
Hi .. Sorry to hear of your problems.

Which sound channel test clip do you use?

My Ambeo has been much better and louder at a lower volume setting since the update. However, the rear is still not brilliant and I think it needs a sub.
Hi,

Yeah, very unfortunate! I find there is enough low end without a sub, and I do love my bass. I do have the bass turned up a fair bit in the app. When true atmos content is used, it sounds amazing, well at least, used to.

I used files from here:

5.1 Dolby Surround Test - VidoEmo - Emotional Video Unity (right click the video to download the actual video file)

Sir Oled

I've reset with the button on the bottom of the speaker and in the app...no difference.
Did you already contacted Sennheiser support ?

avrio

The Klipsch is looking like summer or autumn.
What's the consensus on the Sony ST5000?
I had the Sony Z9f for a week whilst my previous Ambeo was away for testing and was very impressed with the sub.
The Atmos wasn't great, but it was virtual.
I had a crackling/distortion speaker issue with ST5000 (post 1530 in owners thread) which RS repaired swiftly. Unfortunately I've just started having the issue again with a different speaker on the bar :(
I purchased mine in Nov 2018 so cannot comment on newer versions of the bar!

Talkshowchris

I had a crackling/distortion speaker issue with ST5000 (post 1530 in owners thread) which RS repaired swiftly. Unfortunately I've just started having the issue again with a different speaker on the bar :(
I purchased mine in Nov 2018 so cannot comment on newer versions of the bar!
Thanks for that information.
I definitely don't want any further issues with a soundbar, that's for sure.
I think I'll hang on for the LG SN11RG when it finally gets released (still no date).

Zimmer

Standard Member
Good news, it's sorted! Gotta commend them for the speedy response! Picked up Friday, fixed Monday, delivered Tuesday. Said the centre speaker had coil issue. Not more detail than that.

Sir Oled

Good news, it's sorted! Gotta commend them for the speedy response! Picked up Friday, fixed Monday, delivered Tuesday. Said the centre speaker had coil issue. Not more detail than that.
Does it sound like before ?

dazm41

anybody had or having issues with sound drop outs , when watching tv or a media player ,don't know if i might need some better cables ?

Trending threads

Latest News

Roku launches free Roku Channel in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips Android TVs add Disney+ support
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Britbox now available on LG smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Virgin Media TV customers get 18 free channels