• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar questions

bimfi

Novice Member
I just received my Ambeo soundbar two days ago. I was quite surprised by the weight of this thing. Almost 40 lbs (17 kg, I believe). Anyway, I unboxed it and placed it on the stand. I powered it up just to see or hear what it sounds like. The initial sound coming out of the newly powered soundbar was soothing and ambient-like. What concerned me was the background faint staccato-like clicking sounds emanating from it. I thought that it might be part of the initial sounds when turned on, but I am not sure. I do not have my TV or anything attached to it yet. I just wanted to hear music coming out of it first, so I wanted to pair it with my iPhone. The first thing I realized was that it needs to be initially calibrated before doing anything else.
I have a new home that is still waiting on furniture delivery, so the room was essentially a fairly large open space. I set the setup microphone in the middle of the room and proceeded to perform the initial setup. When that was complete, I paired the phone and played some music. I totally realize that it will not sound great without being properly calibrated with furniture and other stuff.
I then wanted to recalibrate it just to see if I can for when the furniture arrives. Here is what I encountered. I pressed the AMBEO button and stepped aside to let it do it's thing. It initially started the calibration process but then failed. I had plugged in my 15" sub previously when listening to music, and forgot to unplug it before the calibration process. It rattled the dishes and nick-knacks on the shelves.
I tried re-calibrating it a few more times. Each time it would fail for unknown reasons, so I just shut it off. I sent a technical request to Sennheiser asking the same questions as here. While I am waiting for their reply, I just wanted to hear from someone that owns this soundbar to compare notes and concerns. Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom