Sennheiser Ambeo - eARC out

Swancake

Novice Member
Please could somebody assist me in how to wire my Sennheiser Ambeo sound bay to my LG 55C9MLB OLED tv?

At the minute I just have the TV, soundbar and a SKY Q box.

How are you meant to connect to the TV using eARC? I have never used anything like this before but I would expect the eARC to be an input into the soundbar from the TV? Seems back to front to me, as the Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar has eARC output (rather than input)....

Ideally I just want to be able to control the soundbar volume with the sky remote. Not sure if I need to connect the sky box directly to the tv or the soundbar?

outoftheknow

eAudio Return Channel (eARC) travels in the opposite direction to the audio and video. So the soundbar HDMI out socket is the eARC audio input. The TV HDMI input marked eARC is the eARC audio output.

So connect devices to the soundbar inputs as long as the devices don’t have 2.1 video features you must have (4K/120 etc). Your Sky Q box can go in a soundbar input. Then a cable between the soundbar eARC output to a TV eARC input socket takes video from the Sky Q, passing through the soundbar, and into the TV.

Any audio form the TV or apps on the TV will come back through the eARC tii ok the soundbar.

if you want you can connect the Sky Q to a TV input (not marked eARC). Then same cable between soundbar and TV eARC sockets as above. Now audio from SkyQ goes tk the soundbar via the TV, passing though eARC to the soundbar.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom