For Sale Senn hd 600 + complete setup

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by rallychief, Aug 26, 2018.

1. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Here we have a complete quality headphone set up item 1 is a pair of Senn HD 600 headphones, these are superb, always my go to headphone, for serious listening, they are a few years old, the only fault, not really a fault, they have been hung , over a bed head and over the years the pillows + wall have rubbed the black paint off the grilles, however benefits are that they are fitted with the better HD 650 cable that was £26 they have recently fitted new genuine Senn ear pads and today fitted a new set of headband foams non genuine see pics, they will also come with a quality japanese balanced cable i used with my audio GD NFB 10 SE now gone, the cable was 40 something quid anybody that knows how to get the grilles off and spray with some black paint, they would be mint again.

Item 2 a J Kenny mk 3 usb-spdif converter a modified M Tech Hiface, battery powered, this thing is superb, see online reviews, this will come with a decent USB A to B lead a quality QED Qunex reference interconnect, a BNC to RCA adapter, the original Li Po mains battery charger this is minus its plug, as it was robbed to make a usb power lead, that can be left connected to power the unit all the time its in use, with no effect on sound. condition is not mint, few scratches, but not rough, then its usually out of sight

Item 3 a Beresford Bushmaster headphone amp, which is spdif input only, sounds good with the Senns, not like a fully balanced NFB 10 SE but not a massive difference, then the 10 SE puts out 4 watts balanced, the Bushmaster, comes with a 12v wallwart, i never used as i ran the Bushmaster with either an Anker battery pack, or a linear bench power supply, which was a significant step up, visual condition is fair, a few scratches on the top fronts not so bad, has some marks on bottom like it had stickers or something on at some time. have pics of bushmaster but used my 10, will split but rather have one delivery

Price and currency: £275
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: bt ppg coc
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Any interest, offers on this just noticed i have a £1 fee deal with e.bay expiring tonight, also found the original Li Po charger for the J Kenny which does have its plug on, have 2 similar ones , got them mixed up, prob £750 of kit here with cables

3. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I'm interested in the J Kenny on its own if you have a price for that?

4. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Lawrence yep will sell that on its own it will come with the Qnex reference interconnect lead a quality short USB A to B Lead the USB charging lead i made and the original Li Po mains charger, 125 quid incl delivery

5. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks, I missed one last year on the Art of Sound forum for £75, but I can offer £100 given the extra cables. I've got a hi face already, so not sure it's going to be a major upgrade for me. I'm assuming the usb cable is unbranded. If it was a good make I could pay bit more. I'm also assuming it has good battery life (originally 24 hours I think, so say at least 12) and that the charger/ cables have bit been cut I noticed a pic showing something cut and another with tape, I'm not sure what they are.

6. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Make it 105 so i get a 100 back, pound sign key not working on my laptop again, the cable with tape is a USB cable with the data wires cut, then just the 2 power wires, soldered to a a power plug to fit the converter on one end, so the converter is being charged from a second USB socket on the computer its plugged into, which means it doesn't need to be charged by the mains charger, something JKenny suggests on his website, it has no impact on the sound. hence i haven't used it on the battery alone for some time so don't know what battery life is currently, before i made the lead, it was excellent, never had it go flat during a long listening session, never got to 24 hrs though

The original Li Po charger is with it, it is a 2 pin wallwart that needs an adapter, although i haven't used it since i made the usb lead

Cheers Chris

7. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Tempting, do you have the RF attenuator that apparently came with it?

8. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    no rf attenuator, it was an option, only really necessary if the dac you use it with, hasn't got decent input headroom, have used it with a Twisted Pear Audio Buffalo dac, Audio GD NFB 10 SE dac/Headphone amp. and the Beresford Dac/Headphone amp listed here without needing one

9. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I will accept the £100 as i am going on holiday on Fri and would like to get it sorted soonest will PM payment details

10. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    PM sent

11. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks, my offer was conditional on the batteries having good life though as they are not replaceable. If you could run it converting for a good session (say 8 hours, that's a third of the claimed endurance) and confirm its still running at the end I'll go ahead.

12. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Obviously with the power supply or charging lead not connected!

13. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Yep ok see your point, don't have time to that before i go away on fri morning, i will take it with me give it a test, and give you the result on my return, if your not in a rush, that will be 3 weeks. if not. happy for you to withdraw offer.

PLEASE NOTE ANYONE INTERESTED IN OTHER ITEMS I WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO POST ANYTHING TILL 30TH SEPTEMBER

14. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks please let me have a little think and update tomorrow. If someone offers in the meanwhile I understand they could get first dibs.

15. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Doing some digging, I found a thread saying the advice on the J Kenny had changed and you shouldn't run the batteries down as you will damage them, I can't find it now but I'll try again. I guess that means you need to keep it plugged in and the batteries hopefully act as a buffer to power supply noise. Still interested but need to do more thinking, sorry.

16. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I guess that means please don't test the life of the batteries as you can damage them!

17. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Ok won't do that then, i knew their was a reason i made the usb cable, but it was more than 2 days ago and i am old lol

18. Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks I'll take my offer off the table and have a think about the implications of this on my plan.

19. rallychief

rallychief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    ok no problem