Quantcast

Question Sengled

mij

Hi, I have had the Sengled Element Classic with six bulbs working perfectly for almost a year, today the iOS app shows the following message: "Your phone has lost connection to internet. Please check your connection and try again".

Nothing I do fixes the problem, so I cannot control the lights with the App, strangely my Amazon alexa still controls the lights ok!

I have unplugged everything and restarted everything including the router, all of my other devices are working perfectly including the internet. The only thing I haven't done is a full reset of the hub, I am leaving that as a last resort as it will mean setting all of my schedules again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mij

Looks like their EU servers are all down. China is up but their EU website does not exist currently.
Thanks, so something is wrong at their end.

I didn't realise the app needed to use their servers.

mushii

Yes, the app talks to their servers, which talks to your hub, which talks to your lights. Only problem with chinese companies, is that you are often at the mercy of the Great Firewall of China and the Chinese Government. Any time that they choose to turn off the tap, your devices can stop working.

Puntoboy

Yes, the app talks to their servers, which talks to your hub, which talks to your lights. Only problem with chinese companies, is that you are often at the mercy of the Great Firewall of China and the Chinese Government. Any time that they choose to turn off the tap, your devices can stop working.
This never bothered me previously but it has started to concern me recently. Hence why I've started to look at Home Assistant and moving control more local.

Top Bottom