1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending video to projector via AV sender

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by donkeymagic, Jul 27, 2005.

1. donkeymagic

donkeymagic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody used a wireless av sender to hook up their dvd/sat to a pj? I am just wondering if there is a huge difference in picture quality when using one of these.
    I am currently looking for a pj around the £1000 mark but want to keep cabling to minimum if at all possible. As I want the pj ceiling mounted I could do without the hassle of pulling up floorboards and chasing out walls etc.

Any info or other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. summat

summat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't most video senders work with a composite video signal?, and the bandwidth of the link probably won't be so great?, if so, stay clear of them.

If you're in the market for a £1000 projector then be prepared for a fantastic high-fidelity, high resolution, beautifully crisp display. Put a (poor) RF link in there and you can kiss all that goodbye.

If, however, you can find one that takes component, or RGB, and transfer those individual channels with a high-bandwidth band, then I'll eat my words. But don't expect any such device to be readily available, or cheap.

3. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Alternatively, if you really really really cant use cables... You could try using 3 AV senders, one for each channel of a component signal....

Never tried it and I doubt there is anybody else who has,,, but could be a solution....