sending stereo to surround?

williemyers

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi guys, first time here....
I'm trying to set up a system where an incoming stereo program would be distributed (at equal levels) to three pairs of full range, 8 ohm speakers (no subs). I'm wondering if I could use a 7.2 receiver and then connect my three pairs of speakers to; Front/1 & 2, Surround/1&2 and Surround Back/1&2, and get the same signal (at the same level) to all three pairs? I used to have an old Yamaha 5.1 system that had "Stereo" as one of it's default input selections, but I cannot recall to which sets of speakers it would route that signal. What do you think?
And in lieu of the "surround" solution, have any of you ever come across a receiver offering "A" "B" AND "C" speaker support? I've only ever seen "A"/"B" ones....

Welcome to the Forum.

Some receivers, probably most actually, have the ability to use multi channel stereo where the stereo signal which uses all connected speakers for a stereo signal. My Denon certainly does. Called different names by different manufacturers, Onkyo, I believe call it 'party mode'.

The centre speakers will be down mixed to mono with the left and right channels going to all connected speakers in their left and right positions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom