Sending SKY+ to kitchen LCD

miracleboy

Novice Member
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but we're moving into a new house and the setup I want is to have a 42" HDTV with SKY+ (SKYHD in 2006) in the lounge, and with a 17" LCD in the kitchen, and one in the bedroom.

I want the LCD's to also have SKY on them, can I do this using some kind of video sender, and if so what are my best options?

Thanks

Robert Hill

Standard Member
miracleboy said:
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but we're moving into a new house and the setup I want is to have a 42" HDTV with SKY+ (SKYHD in 2006) in the lounge, and with a 17" LCD in the kitchen, and one in the bedroom.

I want the LCD's to also have SKY on them, can I do this using some kind of video sender, and if so what are my best options?

Thanks

Use a videosender - after several attempts using a digisender from Argos, I'm now using a Philips videsender (yes, it came from Curry's) which seems to have better coverage, and beaming pixtures from the ky box around the house. Picture quality is really quite good so long, but there is a world of difference between the 32" Philips 9976 in 1 room and the cheapo 17" lcd in the kitchen, which can't handle contrasts.

Scapegoat

miracleboy said:

Thanks

Why not just wire them up via the RF outlet. Local ariel company will do this to multiple TVs in the house (with the necessary boosters) and then buy Sky Eye-links to change channels.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Scapegoat said:
Why not just wire them up via the RF outlet. Local ariel company will do this to multiple TVs in the house (with the necessary boosters) and then buy Sky Eye-links to change channels.

Or even a local aerial co ;)

SamRadford

Novice Member
Is it safe to put an LCD screen in a kitchen? I thought they could only be installed where the humidity is low.

Local "ariel" company eh. Probably right for the kitchen. After all, Ariel is a brand of washing powder. ;)

stroppygoblin

Standard Member
LCD's are fine in the kitchen, I have had one with no issues for over a year now. Also many of the large kitchen makers/planners are incorporating drop down lcd's into the design.

Incidently, I am using the RF2 to get the signal around the house. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom