Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sending Sky signal to second TV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Stereo Steve, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am in the process of a new house build and am currently working on the wiring scheme. The situation I have is a Sky+box at one end of the house and a TV in the bedroom at the other, approx 20 metres away.

I have tried those little SKy Link devices you plug into the second RF out with little success, mainly I think due to the distance. I also get strange behavoir from the second remote. I don't mind RF video in the bedroom as it's only a little TV but RGB would be better.

So, do I use RF cable for the video signal from the second output and get a wireless remote sender or are these video senders any good and can I use them with a Sky+ remote? Would I get RGB with them and which ones are best, taking into account the distance and several stone walls in the way.

2. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    You can get an aerial amplifier that is compatible with Sky RF out. I use one in my loft, which is fed from the Sky (probably about 8m away), which then feeds 6 other TVs, one of which must be at least 20m away if not more. Works with no problem. Need a specific TV Link compatible one as it has to pass (indeed insert) the 9v signal. You must turn off the 9v power on the Sky menu if you use one of these.

Andrew