Sending signal upstairs.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by paiger, May 7, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a Sony Sky box downstairs hooked up to the TV with a scart. I also have a portable upstairs and would like to get the Sky signal up there when no-one is watching downstairs. I have seen sender devices in Argos but they don't really make clear what they do. Does anyone have such a device and how does it work. My ideal set up would be a device that sends the signal from a second Sky remote down to the box and sends the output from the box up to my TV.

My questions are,

1. Can I buy a second sky remote and use it alongside my current one with one box?
    2. Do I need to run coax from the second RF out on my digibox up to the portable or can it be done wireless-ly?
    3. Where could I get such a unit and which is best?

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    1)Yes
    2)TVlink uses a cable the digisender is wireless.
    3)

I've used the TVlink system for over three years and it does everything I want, some people though prefer stereo sound on the second TV or like to combine other devices into the setup.

Here is a site which has examples of both....

Satcure

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I have just ordered a TVlink from Ebay for £20 with a spare remote. Can you just explain a few things? I have a coax from the airial to a splitter in the loft and then one to the digibox and one to the bedroom for the TV. I'm assuming that I still connect the airial to the digibox and then run a length of coax back up to the TV upstairs where the tv link is installed. Do I need to tune say channel 6 on the upstairs TV to the box? If so, will the terrestrial signal still be passed through if I am on channels 1-4? What I mean is, if I am downstairs watching Sky with the box switched on, will somebody else be able to watch the terrestrial channels upstairs? I'm assuming this is the case.

Thanks

Steve