Sending photo folders from iCloud to a non apple friend??

wonderer

Hi all.

So I have not been an apple person since the second iPhone. Purely android.

My friend however is currently travelling the world and has a ton of photos and videos they would like to share but I can't find any way for them to do this. I don't have any Apple products to register an iCloud account.

Is there any way they can share their folders of photos and videos to a pc? It seems to be unnecessary awkward.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steven

Senior Moderator
How many photos? WhatsApp

Also look at services like Dropbox or Google drive

wonderer

Well I'm a photographer and o said I would organise and edit their images for them so needing to download the original file sizes. And there are hundreds of images. Are Dropbox and Google drive cross platform? Just want the simplest way to access the images with least drama.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Yes Google drive is on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac and WhatsApp is WhatsApp

If these are full on DSLR images then bear in mind Google drive gives 15gb for free - there is a charge for more storage space. All online file storage services operate the same business model of charging above the free storage space tier 😎 test the free tier out before paying cash

Edit: now more awake. If the photos are already uploaded into iCloud there should be a "share" folder setting, although the person with the Android device I believe will not have the full iOS experience

Last edited:

wonderer

Yes Google drive is on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac and WhatsApp is WhatsApp

If these are full on DSLR images then bear in mind Google drive gives 15gb for free - there is a charge for more storage space. All online file storage services operate the same business model of charging above the free storage space tier 😎 test the free tier out before paying cash

Edit: now more awake. If the photos are already uploaded into iCloud there should be a "share" folder setting, although the person with the Android device I believe will not have the full iOS experience
Thanks buddy appreciate it. Yes I thought there was an option where an apple user could send an email link to a non apple user? Is the Android user able to download the full images from that method do you know?

Alternatively would it be possible (can't seem to find the answer online) to have say a paid Dropbox account that I can give the login details to the apple user so they can add the images into it that I can then access?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom