• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sending Emails

Warnie

Established Member
Just bought my 64gb 3g model and quickly set up my email last night so not had a huge lot of time to mess with settings. I'm receiving emails no problem at all but sending ends in failure.

I haven't connected a 3g sim yet, trying to chose between o2 and 3 so does anyone know if you can send without the need of adding details of o2 or 3 as the outgoing server?

Email in question is from my own domain name and not google etc.

thanks for reading.

Baz1205

Established Member
Congratulations, same iPad as I have. You can send emails using wifi as long as you are connected to your ISP via your home router. Simply enter the SMTP server details of your ISP. I've subscribed to mobileme and have an 3G sim so I use mobileme's SMTP server at all times. I never have to worry about being in range of my router or swapping severs over when using 3G.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom