1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending a signal, help needed

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Keithhampson, May 16, 2005.

1. Keithhampson

Keithhampson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I need some help, I have just had a new aerial installed, the engineer told me I live in a weak freeview area, which I already knew, I have 2 TV’s in my house but he told me, I would only be able to run 1 freeview off it, so I have seen these signal senders about, so would it be wise to invest in one, or will this weaken the signal, I know they produce a decent picture as I have seen a friends but don’t want to affect the signal strength as it is already weak but I do get freeview.

Thanks Keith

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    A videosender should operate in a totally different frequency band ; therefore, it shouldn't cause any interference to te Freeview reception on the master TV.
    You will be modulating the videosender with baseband video so it won't (or shouldn't ) weaken the signal on the set with the freeview antennna attached.

So go ahead.

Chris Muriel, Manchester, UK

3. Keithhampson

Keithhampson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    the one I have looked at you plug the freeview in to the sender then in to your tv set, I dont have a video recorder now, but will this make a difference?

Keith

4. raydawson

raydawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I hope your installer knows more about installing aerials than he does about signal levels. Basically he's talking rubbish.

If your freeview sets are close together - ie a FV TV and a FV PVR or digibox - then you can just loop through from one to the other without any signal loss.

Otherwise, buy a signal booster/distribution amplifier from Comet, Argos etc and use that. Either take the loop through of the first TV to the input of the distribution amp and feed the second one from an output, or you can put the aerial directly into the distribution amp and feed the TVs from separate outputs.

Cheers,

Ray D