Sending a projector screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by richdgrant, Sep 16, 2007.

1. richdgrant

richdgrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi there. I have decided to sell my projector and therefore will be selling the screen too. Could any one please tell me which courier I can use that will pick up and deliver a 92"? It's 203cm long. thanks.

2. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    I think that mine was delivered by UPS so it might be worth calling them for a price. It is 120" BTW.:smashin:

3. richdgrant

richdgrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think UPS require you to have an account with them? or am I being silly? :)

4. Fred Flintstone4

Fred Flintstone4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    If you can find a company that can deliver it for under £25 without trashing it then I'd appreciate knowing who you used. I'd also be interested to hear if you got in touch with UPS as I've tried to talk to them without success. Too many menus on their answer machine. I've used most of the national overnight delivery companies and they're probably OK at shifting thousands of small parcels but they're not very good at moving screens without damaging them then hiding behind their terms and conditions. If you do manage to find a company then consider their extra insurance premium. When I pay for extra insurance then the screens seem to get through unscathed!

5. rich2000

rich2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I would suggest TNT they seem fairly good.

Whatever you do, do not use amtrak i had major issues with them previously.

6. Fred Flintstone4

Fred Flintstone4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Using TNT at the moment. OK most of the time but when they get it wrong it's a major PITA.

7. richdgrant

richdgrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    HI. Thanks for the replies. In the end I found this site: http://www.interparcel.com which asks not only for the weight of the parcels but also the dimensions (lxbxh).

It came up with around 6 different options to choose from when I had entered the weight and dimensions of the projector and projector screen. I decided to choose City Link's guaranteed next day. I paid for it at 11:45am yesterday, they picked it up at 2pm and it was delivered today at 10am. I paid £33 for them to collect both the panasonic projector (which was well boxed, padded etc) and the large screen (which was actaully 225cm long).

:)

8. Fred Flintstone4

Fred Flintstone4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks for the info. If they got both of them delivered in one piece then that's a bonus!

9. richdgrant

richdgrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Oh dear, I'm guessing that you have had some problems with couriers in the past. How bad have the experiences been? This is the first time I've not used Royal Mail to send my parcels (I usually go for the special next day delivery).

Well, it was delivered at 10am and the guy who bought the stuff has not got in touch with me to complain so fingers crossed it all arrived safely :)

10. rich2000

rich2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    we have tried many couriers but because screens are long and thin some of the couriers really dont look after them very well, over christmas 04 we had something like 10% damage from amtr*k, TNT is only around 1 % which is very good and they are reasonable to.