• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Send free SMS worldwide to any phone with JaxtrSMS app

psychopomp1

Prominent Member
Hi
JaxtrSMS app lets you send free SMS to any user in the world. Unlike other free SMS apps, the recipient does NOT need to have the app installed on their phone. Just tried it and works like a charm...messages get delivered instantly. You do have to register by providing your name and mobile number and you get a verification link sent to your phone immediately. However you don't get bombarded by spam. Obviously you need a 2g/3g/wifi internet connection. Enjoy it while it lasts because i can't see it being free forever...would love to be proved wrong though:smashin:

EDIT: Their T&Cs state that they may pass your personal details from your address book onto third parties...however bear in mind that Jaxtr are based in USA where there are no comprehensive data protection laws so they can get away with such t&c's for their local users. However if they were to pass on their UK users personal data to UK companies then they would get their pants sued off due to the Data Protection Act 1998.
JaxtrSMS - The World's First Free and Open Texting Application

Last edited:

Some Bloke

Prominent Member
Thank you for the info.
The poor reviews at the App Store (especially no.8 "Privacy Policy Catch") put me off trying it.

I used "SMS Touch" whilst in the US recently.
It gives you 10 free texts.
But if you've a JB phone and use "UDIDFaker", you can uninstall/reinstall, change your UDID and get another 10 .... repeat to fade ;)
No spam or BS from using the App.

psychopomp1

Prominent Member
Well i've tried the app on my 4S (iOS 5.0.1) and its not crashed once and messages always get delivered instantly despite some people leaving bad reviews saying messages don't get delivered. However i perfectly understand their t&c's will put off many people using it due to privacy concerns but here in the UK we have some of the toughest data protection laws in the world and its very very unlikely that UK users' data will be passed onto UK companies.

Kristopherus

Standard Member
Not free any more. Was 1c(US), Now in recent days it has gone up to 10c(US). Anyone know of any other similar app that will send texts over data?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom