1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi/Terraced house

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Zoidy, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Going to be moving soon, possibly into a terraced or hopefully a semi detached house. I am quite a considerate person, but i also like my music/movies loud. What would be the best solution to preventing my neighbours being pounded by my system?

i am a builder and anything would be considered..

2 ideas i came up with were 3x2 stud wall. with 2 layers of 12mm plaster board and then the entire thing filled with sand. another was to not have sand, but loft insulation. or i could even build another internal block wall to give a second cavity.. i am prepared to lose 4-6 inch's off the width of my room for a solution (smaller the better though ) .. and also would i need to do the upstairs rooms also?

im just looking for the best solution to keeping friendly neighbours.. are my ideas good? or can someone suggest better? or of course tell me if i would be wasting my time :)

cheers

Zoidy

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
  3. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    certainly very nice info there.. but seems very "buy our stuff" . i remember a guy on these forums who gave his opinions on room acoustics and listed exactly how his room was built.. Phil Yoeman i think.. he seems to have disapeared