Semi dedicated HC room Ideas ?

firekill

Established Member
Reaction score
Just in the process of wiring for a semi dedicated hc room , the room is 5.35 m long by 3.9m wide . The MLP is about 1.1m from the back wall. I'm going to be using a standard 7.1setup. When funds permit and prices maybe come down for the 11 channel atmos amps I'll upgrade then . I'm planing on installing the cabling for the four inceiling speakers now to use at a later date.ive got a 106inch tab tensioned grand view screen and a JVC HD 350 projector . The speaker set up is Kef IQ5e fronts , IQ6 centre with IQ 10'rears . Powered by a Onkyo 905. Amp . With the dimensions I've got do you think I'll benefit from the 4 ceiling speakers as the rears will be pretty close to the wall ? . The set up is pretty old now but until I upgrade it will have to do. Also the screen and projector are having separate power isolation switches via SFUS so I was planning on having a unswitched socket on the ceiling next to the projector and the same for the screen but hidden in a pelmet. Just think a socket on the ceiling will look ugly so any other ideas would be appreciated. I'll post some pictures soon

Quick update: I've decided I'll go with the atmos four ceiling speakers, the rears will be approx 2 ft away from the back wall and the same from the side wall .unfortunatly this is not in line with the fronts as my screen Only leaves room for them to be about a ft away but I think that is better than having the rears close to the side wall. My frt heights will be approx 45 d from MLP as Dolby advise. I've decided to have power socket for projector located just below the cornice on the wall and will be ressesed. The av cables can then come through a brush plate to the rear of the projector on the ceiling . I think this will look ok. I'm also going to cable up for a 2 speaker atmos system in case I change my mind

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom