• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Selling vintage camera gear

dave_walton

I couple of years ago I inherited some vintage camera gear. I am now looking into selling it on and invest in my current Pentax setup.

Can anybody help me with any information of the equipment I have and the best places to look when selling vintage camera gear in the UK and what prices I might be expecing. It all seems to be in good condition. I know there is ebay but I’m not sure if I wouldn’t be better going to a good dealer.

All comments and advice appreciated as I am trying to find out a bit more about what I have got.

I have used some of the Takumar lenses on my Pentax K-5 and they seem to give good results but I would prefer so to autofocus.

Ashai Pentax SV
Ashai Pentax Spotmatic II
Nikkormat ftn with 50mm Nikkor-S Auto 1:1.4
Leica Modell IIIb Summitar 5cm 1:2 and Elmar 9cm 1:4 I’m pretty sure I have the original box and receipt for this also.
Praktica MTL3
Ilford Advocate with f/4.5 35mm
Zeiss Ikon with Zeiss Tessar f/2.8 8cm lens
Voigtlander Compur Camera

Pentax M42 Screwmount lenses
Asahi PentaxSuper Takumar 1:3.5 35mm
Asahi Pentax SMC Takumar 1:1.4 50mm
Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 1:1.8 55mm
Asahi Takumar 1:2.8/105mm
Asahi SMC Takumar 1:3.5/135mm
Asahi Teletakumar 1:5.6 200mm
Carl Zeiss 1:2.8 28mm
Pentacon Auto 1.8 50mm
Palinar Wide Angle 1:2.8 25mm
Photax 1:8 500mm
Hanimex 1:5.5 f=300mm

Last edited:

FlyingShrapnel

You posted a similar message on TalkPhotography as well right? ;) you would have a better chance selling on their classifieds (you get access after 20posts, 60days membership iirc) because there is a sub forum dedicated to "Film & Conventional" gear.

You have lots of nice kit there and Im sure people would be interested (personally i am as well :D ) if you cant wait the 60days then try Gumtree, there might be enthusiasts or collectors local to you. Be very careful when dealing on Gumtree though, always try to meet up before a sale and take cash in hand. They dont have a feedback system in place so you never know who you are dealing with. (I was bitten once when buying a phone, so I have learnt my lesson...)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom