Selling Used HIFI for how much?

BimmerDude96

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I wondered how much high end HIFI gear is worth and what value does it retains? I'm looking to sell my speakers Dali Epicon 2 in white gloss as well as Dali epicon vokal in white gloss. What sort of value ££££ should I expect for them ? They are fully boxed, I'm 2nd owner with all original packaging and all are in excellent condition, around 4 years old inc my ownership. I really struggle to value the centre speaker as I already have a buyer for the Epicons 2 at almost 50% of current RRP.

In general what is the rule of thumb in valuing higher end hifi gear? I tried Bay but not many completed listings and those which did seemed to be there for at least a month if not 2 before sale :(

Many thanks

Mark

Those are nice speakers. I reckon that if you wish to sell the lot it would be all together considering a large discount for the center.
How much did you pay?
If selling just the bookshelves -40% is where I'd be, if that's what someone wants that's what they will pay (i.e €3600).
However if you don't sell the center with it you risk being ladened with it.
I'd look for a knock and sell the lot for -50%-60% rather than being laden with the center so between €5500 and as low as €4400.

I wouldn't sell the bookshelves at -50% as I would want to move the center on as well. I reckon your better off getting €5000 for the lot than even €3600 for just the bookshelves.

Wasn't high end, but I sold some HiFi stuff recently that I didn't want hanging around too long. Don't like selling via eBay, but they are good for prices. Pitched at about 80% of eBay completed (average) prices, and nearly all gone within a couple of weeks.

In general what is the rule of thumb in valuing higher end hifi gear? I tried Bay but not many completed listings and those which did seemed to be there for at least a month if not 2 before sale
Go to HiFiShark where the world's hifi ads are gathered together, so you can see a large number of just about anything and take a look at prices being asked. Filter to show only Europe and get currency in "British Pounds". This site includes items posted on Ebay, HiFiForSale, etc

However, beware, there are scammers whose ads get listed, so a few ridiculous "bargains" to tempt the unwary, but generally better than any single source. I picked up a great bargain a couple of years ago when HiFiShark alterted me to an ad on HiFiForSale.

You can't sell there, but you'll get a good idea of price.

Wasn't high end, but I sold some HiFi stuff recently that I didn't want hanging around too long. Don't like selling via eBay, but they are good for prices. Pitched at about 80% of eBay completed (average) prices, and nearly all gone within a couple of weeks.
That’s what I always do, pitch it 10-15% lower than recent some sold items and they always go double lively. Some people have unrealistic expectations on what they will receive.

Hi guys,
I wondered how much high end HIFI gear is worth and what value does it retains? I'm looking to sell my speakers Dali Epicon 2 in white gloss as well as Dali epicon vokal in white gloss. What sort of value ££££ should I expect for them ? They are fully boxed, I'm 2nd owner with all original packaging and all are in excellent condition, around 4 years old inc my ownership. I really struggle to value the centre speaker as I already have a buyer for the Epicons 2 at almost 50% of current RRP.

In general what is the rule of thumb in valuing higher end hifi gear? I tried Bay but not many completed listings and those which did seemed to be there for at least a month if not 2 before sale :(

Many thanks

Mark
I buy and sell a fair bit of hifi gear (just a hobby) maybe not be as high end as this but the same principles apply.

Most people on gumtree and Facebook marketplace are looking for bargains which inevitably end up on ebay for a higher price but it's a bigger market and you really need to post items to get the best price on the bay or be willing to travel to meet halfway.

You may get the right buyer on the gum/marketplaces but these are high value items so a lot of buyers would prefer the protection offered by ebay.

When I purchase stuff to sell on I am looking at around %25 of what was the retail and sell for maybe 50% but if you price keenly its sells quicker.

January is a poor time to sell as everyone has over spent at xmas

The centre will always lose more value unless the right buyer happens to be looking at the same time, the other speakers are multi use but the center is just that only

They're nice speakers! I had a pair in walnut that I traded in last September for £3500. Unless you're desperate for the cash I'd follow the advice above at around 40% off RRP and see if there is any interest. For reference, there is a vokal in walnut on ebay for £2250 and a pair of black epicon 2's advertised by idealAV for £2499.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom