• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Selling up all my DSLR gear- sad day

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
After being up and down about selling for ages, plus the sad fact that I've enjoyed buying equipment more than using it:laugh: I've sadly decided to sell up rather than look at my expensive and pretty equipment sitting on a shelf week after week.
I've learned loads from all the helpful people here and one day hope to be back with a heavy DSLR again:rolleyes:

I feel as if I'm giving in too easily but I really cant get the time or opportunity to do a DSLR justice

I still intend to contribute and maybe take more pics with a compact- maybe even enter the comp now- yes I know that's far fetched:rotfl:

shotokan101

Banned
Well I hope you get it all shifted and get some good prices :) and while I'd rather it was Sony gear you were selling up as I might pick up a bargain or two I'm always happy to see someone leaving the Nikon Brigade :D :devil:

At the end of the day I think it's more important to be taking photos than what you're taking them with so I say go for it with the compact and modern compacts are perfectly capable of sum superb results so I look forward to seeing your Compo. Entries :smashin:

Jim

eduk

Distinguished Member
After being up and down about selling for ages, plus the sad fact that I've enjoyed buying equipment more than using it:laugh: I've sadly decided to sell up rather than look at my expensive and pretty equipment sitting on a shelf week after week.
I've learned loads from all the helpful people here and one day hope to be back with a heavy DSLR again:rolleyes:

I feel as if I'm giving in too easily but I really cant get the time or opportunity to do a DSLR justice

I still intend to contribute and maybe take more pics with a compact- maybe even enter the comp now- yes I know that's far fetched:rotfl:

Sounds like a candidate for a Sony NEX to me, come over to the light... :D

D

Deleted member 27989

Sorry to see you go, but I do understand. The day I changed from my pick semi-pro video camera to a tiny sony hd one that fits in my jeans pocket I started recording videos ;-)

So where are the sales :) I'm a Nikon user...

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
Sorry to see you go, but I do understand. The day I changed from my pick semi-pro video camera to a tiny sony hd one that fits in my jeans pocket I started recording videos ;-)

So where are the sales :) I'm a Nikon user...

Over at talk photography Nikon section, don't think I'm allowed to post the competitions link here

eduk

Distinguished Member
Didn't take long for the vultures to circle!

Dr O

Established Member

Wheeling and dealing is always fun- especially if you're Pirate or Jim:laugh:

I don't think it's a case of giving in too easily- I do think you need to join a gym though- the D90 isn't heavy- I'll lend you my kit:D- but on a serious note if it's not being used and you have an alternative way to shoot then why not- it's only a journey after all- some of my fav shots were taken with my phone. Maybe you set your goals too high so I wouldn't beat yourself up. Just have fun:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 27989

Over at talk photography Nikon section, don't think I'm allowed to post the competitions link here

I registered specifically, but new members aren't allowed in the for sale section. Ah well, probably good for my wallet :smashin:

eduk

Distinguished Member
I registered specifically, but new members aren't allowed in the for sale section. Ah well, probably good for my wallet :smashin:

Yeah that is stupid IMO and why I don't bother going there at all!

shotokan101

Banned

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
I've seen people with 1 post count buying at TP, unless the rules have changed in last few days:confused:

shotokan101

Banned
I've seen people with 1 post count buying at TP, unless the rules have changed in last few days:confused:

Supposed to be minimum of 30 days membership and 100 posts...

Jim

Dr O

Established Member

Rules have changed- I believe there was an increasing number of complaints over transactions involving 1 post wonders and the like so you now need 100 posts to access. This has had the consequence of people posting any rubbish to get the count high- like the user who picked any thread and posted- 'many thanks for the info' even if it was a year old- after about 10 posts of that he was banned:laugh:

The internet is rife with crooks and they'll always find a way so hard to legislate against really.

gus607

Established Member
I recently parted company with my DSLR due to lack of use. To be honest I could'nt be bothered most of the time to carry it around. Funnily enough I did the same thing thirty years ago with a heavy SLR.

Having owned a Panasonic LX2 for a few years (the wife claimed it as hers) I bought a LX5 recently. I really can be bothered now to take a camera out again.

It's not the quality of the pics that matter but actually getting out with the camera that matters.

Good luck to the op.

D

Deleted member 27989

Just tried and posted a 'thank you' :p Only kidding. But nope post-count 1 is not enough either.

I never get it when forums do that, as a seller as long as anyone shows me the money first I'm happy supply the goods.

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
Just tried and posted a 'thank you' :p Only kidding. But nope post-count 1 is not enough either.

I never get it when forums do that, as a seller as long as anyone shows me the money first I'm happy supply the goods.

agreed, at TP you couldnt sell until 100 posts + 30 day membership but you can buy at anytime- oh well might post it at AV soon then;)

Rizvan

Prominent Member
Hi,

I can only echo what people of that, it's not always about what you take photo's with.
I've seem some really impressive photos taken with a iPhone4 with minor tweaking in PS.

I took was in the same boat with my Nikon D40, 18-200mm VR and other bits which it just sat on the desk looking pretty.

Bought a compact and don't regret it so far.

Hope you get a decent sum for your Nikon kit and invest into a decent compact.

Riz :thumbsup:

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
agreed, at TP you couldnt sell until 100 posts + 30 day membership but you can buy at anytime- oh well might post it at AV soon then;)

I thought it was the same for buying and selling? I couldn't access that forum section at all until I had over 100 posts. The restriction on selling is reasonable but seems fairly pointless for buying as it's the buyer who is normally taking the risk rather than the seller. I don't follow the forum closely so I don't know if there's something that's triggered it.

I've seen people with 1 post count buying at TP, unless the rules have changed in last few days

Happened very recently as far as I'm aware.

John

eduk

Distinguished Member
I thought it was the same for buying and selling? I couldn't access that forum section at all until I had over 100 posts. The restriction on selling is reasonable but seems fairly pointless for buying as it's the buyer who is normally taking the risk rather than the seller. I don't follow the forum closely so I don't know if there's something that's triggered it.

Happened very recently as far as I'm aware.

John

Yup I tried to access TP and gave up because of it. Daft idea blocking buyers, I too don't use the forum so don't understand why.

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
As most cant get access to TP I've put the 4 mth old f 2.8 lens on AV today at a one off today only price for a quick sale- first come first served:cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom