• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Selling Silver Panasonic 42" PWD8

Q

qwiksilver

I bourght a Silver Panasonic 42" PWD8 in November '05 from AV-Sales. I am thinking of selling it and upgrading to a 42" PHD8.

I have a sliver swivel stand and a component board.

I ran it in for the first 200 hours and has been running for a total of 1,400 hours to date.

I would prefer to sell via the forum, rather than eBay... But might eBay it.

Can someone please advise me what this would be worth...

Many thanks.

steve-o

Established Member
Probably around the £900-£1000 mark I'd say, if it is in MINT condition. You have to factor in how much a courier would charge for a heavy item such as this aswell, if you sold it to someone who was unable to collect it.

p203557

Established Member
If it was a black one I'd be very tempted myself once it went on the classifieds!

The new price for all your kit new on av-sales is £1209 so I'd suggest you'd need to offer a saving of at least a couple of hundred pounds to get a sale. If the 2 year guarantee is transferable then this would help.

Personally and its just an opinion I'd say its worth about £1000 if the guarantee can be transferred and about £850 if it can't.

HTH,

Richard

HoTTdog

Standard Member
I reckon £900 tops. If I was spedning £1k, I'd rather spend a couple hundred more for new. But that's just me. Put it in the AV classifieds and let the market decide :)

Q

qwiksilver

Thanks for the replys people...

I will consider my options and will let the forum know if I do go ahead with the sale.

Thanks again.

U

UrbanSurvival

qwiksilver said:
I bourght a Silver Panasonic 42" PWD8 in November '05 from AV-Sales. I am thinking of selling it and upgrading to a 42" PHD8.

Hi,

Mind if I ask why you're selling it? I am ordering a pwd8 this week after a brief demo, not sure now If I have missed something obvious.

Cheers

Q

qwiksilver

Not at all... It is an awesome Plasma!!!

It's just driving me mad that it's not True HDTV. I'll be buying an Xbox 360 & Blue Ray soon.

steve-o

Established Member
I can tell you that Xbox360 looks stunning on it mate. Although you do get some jaggies dues to the scaling. Still looks superb though :D

Q

qwiksilver

:thumbsup: Awsome

:eek: What to do!! I think my bank manager will have the final and fatal word on my HDTV upgrade plan anyway.

Steve-o, got any pics of it in action :)

-Jay-

Banned
qwiksilver said:
:thumbsup: Awsome

:eek: What to do!! I think my bank manager will have the final and fatal word on my HDTV upgrade plan anyway.

Steve-o, got any pics of it in action :)
I'd think long and hard about selling it to be honest with you, i have my 360 on a pwd6 and as steve says its awesome!! i've seen jaggies on games like PGR3 but they are still there on say the samsung HD lcd that you see in Game etc.

I'm about to order a pwd8 after seeing it side by side with a phd8 for me the extra £700 is not worth it. With a scaler on the phd8 i've heard its a different story? this screen will do me just fine untill 1080p is affordable.

Q

qwiksilver

Jay & steve-o

Thank you!!! :clap: It's reassuring to hear the argument for the PWD with HD material.

I guess I've just got caught up on the idea that the more pixels you have, the better it will look when viewing HD material.

Thanks for talking me out of this... I guess give it a year or two for the HDTV market to mature and as Jay says buy a 1080p set.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom