Selling on ebay single or in bulk?

mrapbp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get your view on which way to go with selling some stuff on ebay. Am having a bit of a clear out!

I have a massive load of stuff to offload and am not sure if it is worth the bother of selling individually or just bundle them and sell as a job lot? I am guessing I would get less money this way but not sure if it is worth listing each thing separately or if I wouldn't lose too much so bundle them?

I basically have a load of DVD box sets and DVD's that I want to sell and there is some dross but also some very expensive box sets (stargate, west wing etc etc, probably around 15 or so decent box sets and 50+ dvd's).

I also have around 20 assorted console games including some new-ish is ones for the PS3, wii and 360.

Lastly and more importantly I guess I am selling my entire home gym which has a LOAD of free weights plus bench, a very expensive multi gym and an even more expensive life fitness treadmill. (probably split here I guess but do you think someone would buy a ready to go home gym?)

So what do you recon, split out or sell in appropriate job lots?

Cheers!

Hi,

With the DVD's, I'd advertise them singly, (e.g. "Stargate Atlantis: Season 1 - £400), or as entire Series', e.g. "Stargate SG-1: Seasons 1-20" or whatever, rather than job-lotting them. This way, you'll make more money. You can do the sales, via this very website - AV Forums - as long as you agree to their Terms And Conditions, which shouldn't prove a problem for any genuine advertiser/person. :)

Also, make sure with the DVD's you mention the condition the discs and packaging are in, and their region codes as well. :thumbsup:

As for the Console Games, job-lot them, unless they are unopened, brand-new and sealed, or really valuable/rare titles that people might want. And with the Gym equipment, job-lot it, if you can. I think many people would be more likely to buy the whole lot, for a reasonable price, whereas if you split it up, you'll have people picking off certain items, and you may be left with some unsellable items afterwards you can't get rid of. However, you could split the gym stuff into smaller job-lots, e.g. the treadmill, the multi-gym, and then if someone buys both of those, throw in the other bits for free or at a reduced price. :)

Hope that helps!

Pooch

Last edited:
Sounds reasonable. I think you may be right about the bigger box sets. Might do a job lot on the singles and smaller box sets.

The gym stuff is the difficult one because selling it in 3 lots involves dealing with 3 different sets of people and auctions etc. Having said that I think that I would be cutting down my potential buyers by dictating that someone takes all of it.

All good fun though!!

Cheers for that!

Hi,

With the DVD's, I'd advertise them singly, (e.g. "Stargate Atlantis: Season 1 - £400), or as entire Series', e.g. "Stargate SG-1: Seasons 1-20" or whatever, rather than job-lotting them. This way, you'll make more money. You can do the sales, via this very website - AV Forums - as long as you agree to their Terms And Conditions, which shouldn't prove a problem for any genuine advertiser/person. :)

Also, make sure with the DVD's you mention the condition the discs and packaging are in, and their region codes as well. :thumbsup:

As for the Console Games, job-lot them, unless they are unopened, brand-new and sealed, or really valuable/rare titles that people might want. And with the Gym equipment, job-lot it, if you can. I think many people would be more likely to buy the whole lot, for a reasonable price, whereas if you split it up, you'll have people picking off certain items, and you may be left with some unsellable items afterwards you can't get rid of. However, you could split the gym stuff into smaller job-lots, e.g. the treadmill, the multi-gym, and then if someone buys both of those, throw in the other bits for free or at a reduced price. :)

Hope that helps!

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom