1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling My Servo 15, Any CS-Ultra Owners Out There?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by GaryG, Oct 24, 2003.

1. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well, as I missed out on getting a second Servo 15 before RS cleared their stock I've stuck mine on Ebay and am now looking for an alternative as I'm shortly going to be sub-less (I've already sold my two 15" Tempests that powered my DIY sub). I've pretty much made my mind up on what the replacement(s) are going to be but would like to hear from anybody on the forum who has, ideally, a pair of CS-Ultras and their experience with the SVS.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I think that you're out of luck as I don't think that anyone has a CS-Ultra. From memory the nearest is Garmtz who has a pair of CS-Plus subs

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    I think Garmtz only has the one CS-Plus sub. Pretty sure there's only one person who'll soon have dual SVS subs.;)

4. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks guys, the Ultra's were the 'alternative' option to the solution I was thinking of, their strength being their shape and size, which were ideal for locating them next to my main speakers. I emailed TomV with my requirements and he confirmed my thoughts that I should be looking at 4 or 8 long throw 15" drivers in an IB configuration. I've had three attempts at an IB in the past with a 12", a 15" and dual 15" long throw drivers and got nearer and nearer to what I was looking for but couldn't control the vibration and resonance of the ceiling so gave it up as a lost cause. Right now I suffering a bad case of 'seller's remorse, which makes a change from 'buyers' remorse. I sold my Tempests a several weeks ago and boy do I miss them. I've found a 15" driver with similar characteristics to the Tempest but with a lower VAS enabling a smaller cabinet size, trouble is the manufacturer is in the US and from past experience they're not too keen to ship to the UK due to transit damage, I'll place an order and see what happens.