selling my dv139

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tvh3ad, Jan 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tvh3ad

tvh3ad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Folks,

I'm going to let my DV139 go. It's a fantastic player, but I never got into SACD/DVD-A, I already have a CD36, and ultimately I'm not watching enough video to make it worth keeping it around.

Any thoughts on an appropriate listing price? The player is mint condition, lightly-used, and black.

2. morsimon

morsimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have already got one so not for for me, but I notice on Ebay there are two secondhand units - one asking above 1450 quid and not getting any offers and the other one attracting offers just north of 1000 quid.

Assuming they are still retailing at circa 1800 quid then I would have thought you should be seeing something around the 1300 mark but I am sure others on here will be able to guide you more accurately.

Good luck - I am not sure I could let mine go, unless I was pledging to never view SD DVD's again.....

Morsimon

3. elliotjames

elliotjames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10

Hi
    A quick search in the classifieds will give you a good idea as a couple have sold in the last couple of weeks or so.

HTH

4. Movie200

Movie200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting player but quite expensive now when oppo 983 is so close. As a CD player the 139 is much better but ABT chips in 983 are very soon available at new price level.

Sometimes the rally of technogy is not fare in price area, but consumers pay what they enjoy to play.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=905400&page=35

=> "older" high tech players prices go down most probably due to new Oppo model ?