Selling Graphics Card question

Danoptic

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I've just managed to sell my 3080 card and looking to protect myself.

What do I need to do regarding serial numbers etc?

Should I take photos/videos of the card working etc?

Where did you sell it and what is the value?

Sold it on shpock and sold it for £1400

Just want to know what I can do to protect myself

In that case, it’s a face-to-face private sale so cash on collection/handover. Photograph the item and serial numbers. Check that the cash given is not counterfeit before handing the card over.

DO. NOT post the item out - you will have zero protection. You have zero protection if you do not get cash in hand before handing the card over.

In that case, it’s a face-to-face private sale so cash on collection/handover. Photograph the item and serial numbers. Check that the cash given is not counterfeit before handing the card over.

DO. NOT post the item out - you will have zero protection. You have zero protection if you do not get cash in hand before handing the card over.
Already been posted now!

So I've took a video on the graphics card running, moved in to see the serial number on the card with RGB on, then moved over to the monitor and shown the device settings showing the card and showing it as working.

Posted with Royal Mail special delivery so it will be insured.

I hope for your sake you got a CLEARED payment first......

You asked for advice on how to protect yourself and posted it before you got advice? Shpock/Gumtree etc. are face to face transaction methods. You’ve got ZERO protection if you post, unless you get cleared payment before you post. Even then, I wouldn’t risk it with such a relatively high priced in-demand item.

Last edited:
Turned out good, he paid shpock, I confirmed it had been sent, he received today and let shpock know, payment is on its way to me.

Thanks though!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom