Selling Books

mug

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys sold any of your books off ?. I have around 200 books I want to sell but it just doesn't look worth it when you take into account the postage costs. For instance I have Conn Iggulden's Genghis Khan trilogy in hardback format and royal mail would want about £9 to post them (2.5kg ish). Ideally I only want around £1.50 to £2 each for my books but that would be about as likely as Arsenal winning the league :laugh:

Any thought's ?

I have loads of books (mostly paperbacks) I've been looking to get rid of. As you say, postage costs are rapidly making this prohibitive - unless the book has a reasonable value.

As an alternative, I've signed up to Welcome to BookCrossing and am in the process of releasing these into the wild for others to enjoy and, hopefully re-release afterwards.

OK - I don't get any money for them, but it's fun tracking them and seeing other people's comments. Also, good fun looking for places to release books.

Just a thought.

Books I don't want to keep get recycled at the local open market book stalls.

The book stalls will buy books at half price or less and are happy to purchase book you have bought new (as long as they are popular). Books they refuse to purchase I take to the charity shops.

Books I don't want to keep get recycled at the local open market book stalls.

The book stalls will buy books at half price or less and are happy to purchase book you have bought new (as long as they are popular). Books they refuse to purchase I take to the charity shops.

Can you elaborate on this a little ?, is it just some sort of specific market for books ?. I paid around £3 for most of my books and I'd be very happy to get something like £1.50 a a piece.

Can you elaborate on this a little ?, is it just some sort of specific market for books ?. I paid around £3 for most of my books and I'd be very happy to get something like £1.50 a a piece.

What sort of books have you bought for "around £3" (presumably £3 each) ? That sounds like a second hand price in itself - I could be wrong.

What sort of books have you bought for "around £3" (presumably £3 each) ? That sounds like a second hand price in itself - I could be wrong.

I have about 75% used purchases and 25% new. There a mix of scifi and popular titles.

I give any books that I don't want to keep to a local hospice bookshop, problem is that I quite often come out of there with more books than I take in :).

That's the kind of price I've often paid for new books from third party bookshops on Amazon, Alibris and AbeBooks (though hardbacks usually more like £5ish)
- I set my target prices at Find Book - Compare book prices from dozens of UK retailers., and receive an email when a title I want drops to that price, usually on one of those three sites

I've just bought the final part of The Dark Tower off Amazon for 3.99 that's and not marketplace seller. I haven't paid more than £4 for a paperback and only buy brand new books.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom