selling books - ziffit?

prezzy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So I just sent all my cd's off to musicmagpie and am now looking to offload all my books and have come across the site ziffit - has anyone used them? are they any good?

Just scanned in 10 random books and they only accepted one which was minority report and at 47p I thought was pretty good.

Wondering whether to scan the rest of my probably 750+ books in to see what I can get for them, just wanting to know if the site is any good, do they pay out quickly etc?

I was just going to take them all to a charity shop but if I can claw back a little £ for them I may as well...

Does anyone have any recommendations to any other similar sites which I can use to sell books - can't really be bothered to list them all individually on ebay or similar

No help with the books but I've used music magpie a few times and found them really good. Saves any hassle but at 90p for a blu ray I expect no hassle :D

Got an order going through them now. Shame they don't except pc games or cd singles.

Do they collect them, do you have to box them?

You have to box them up and then they send a courier out or you take to a collect plus store to send them

Am thinking I can't be bothered and will just gift all my books to a charity shop let them get the £ for them - the amount of boxes that would be needed to send my books off etc

You have to box them up and then they send a courier out or you take to a collect plus store to send them

Am thinking I can't be bothered and will just gift all my books to a charity shop let them get the £ for them - the amount of boxes that would be needed to send my books off etc

That's what I thought, easier and probably cheaper to give them to charity lol

That's what I thought, easier and probably cheaper to give them to charity lol

I've just done that with my father's book collection, used the amazon app to see how much the book was being sold for on there. If it was a penny it was given to the local charity shop.. 15 boxes later and I'm still going.

This can be a fun alternative......

Welcome to BookCrossing

I've offloaded over 100 paperbacks to date, had responses to around 30, one ended up in Australia!!!

This can be a fun alternative......

Welcome to BookCrossing

I've offloaded over 100 paperbacks to date, had responses to around 30, one ended up in Australia!!!

I like the idea of this will have a proper look on the weekend

Ended up taking a big box of books to the second hand cancer charity shop today - figured they may as well get some £ for them

They claim things arnt in the box when they were. Customer Services is NOT customer services, totally unhelpful, even the Company Director doesn’t have the courtesy to reply to direct email complaints (twice ive emailed him with no reply). Dont use them, but if you do / have done, expect to be conned and treated poorly and don’t expect any customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited potentially libellous comment from above. Please refrain from calling people or businesses 'thieves'.

Edited potentially libellous comment from above. Please refrain from calling people or businesses 'thieves'.

Thanks for letting us know what he said though! :)

Allegedly....

Silent edits are the future, plus we all know he only joined today with an axe to grind.

I used Ziffit for the first time last week - NEVER AGAIN. I sent off a full box of original (some limited edition) DVDs, all of which were in good/great condition. I was originally offered over £26. Surprise surprise, they have 'revised' their offer to less than half of that, claiming that some DVDs were 'damaged' (strange, as they were not damaged when I sent them off!) or that they were not originals (I cannot see how you can fake a Disney DVD, as the picture is somehow 'welded/scanned' into the DVD during manufacture!). And as you cannot get your goods back, you have no way of disputing their claims...it seems very suspicious to me that some of the nicest items are the ones that they are refusing to pay out on..! My advice is avoid them like the plague...

I have experience of Music Magpie, lets say I also had a revised offer and was told things were missing as well!

I use another high street shop now and they usually always pay more every single time, when I have things to move on, phones after upgrades etc etc.

Why do you not photograph your items before you send them off ??
harrassedmumof2 has not visited the forum since posting that last year so I doubt she will answer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom