1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

selling an F717?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by richard plumb, Dec 1, 2003.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    slightly sadly, I'm selling my F717, to be replaced by the much more pocketable (and Wife-friendly) V1. I got the V1 in Hong Kong for a good price, so I'm only looking to recoup that cost with my 717.

Its boxed with all bits, and less than a year old. Would I get £400 for it really easily? That'd pay for my V1+extra battery, but if I could get a little more it'd be nice.

2. p.booth

p.booth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Amazon has them priced £546 new.Going on that my opinion would be to expect £300 + for it second hand .i may be interested at the right price.Good luck

3. acucobol

acucobol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jessops will offer £200

4. Ivor_Monkey

Ivor_Monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could you please post your comments on the V1. I'm actually interested in the VI or the pentax optio 555 and would appreicate your comments.

5. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    not had it long. Picked it up in Hong Kong for aroeund £370 with extra battery. Mostly just so its easier for the wife to use (much smaller than 717). No pics developed yet, but seems nice and quick, and pretty much handles the same as the 717.

One nice feature is that the programmable auto mode now lets you adjust aperture/shutter speed up and down and the auto keeps things balanced. So you can bias towards aperture or shutter speed as necessary for quick and easy control over things if you don't have much time to set things up properly.

BTW, I'd be willing to sell it for the same price as I bought the V1 (&pound;370), but I can't really come down much more than that. If its still &pound;550 new online, that seems a good price for a <12 months old camera boxed and everything.

6. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Richard, i would be extremely interested in this camera next week, I get paid on the 12th December. I can purchase it new for £487 from Pixmania.com, so i am willing to offer you £320 for it including P&P. (based on the hit you were willing to take when it was £550 new online, cheeky i know, but surely worth a try from this poor student!)

Clearly if you wish to procede with this, i would recommend putting an ad in the classifieds thread so that we can stay withing the forum rules.

Awaiting your response,

Sean :)

P.S. I don't actually have a traders rating for some reason, although i have purchased a couple of things off here before, most recently traded laptops with user Gizlaroc.

7. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
  8. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I was selling my mint condition Fuji F410 plus many extras recently and was offered only £120 on this site by a potential buyer. After a few days I took the ad off and placed it on Ebay instead.
    Sold a few days later for £230 and was paid the following day.

If your camera is in excellent condition and you say you have the box etc I would seriously recommend you try Ebay. People are prepared to pay much more for items on there.

As we speak there are a few being sold with bids in excess of £400 on ebay uk with many hours to go on the auctions. From experience I know the bids rise considerably in the last few minutes.

I have solds 3 digital cameras, a PDA and various other items on Ebay and have always got reasonable prices.