Sellers on eBay

Iccz

Distinguished Member
I don't know if it's just me...
But lately i've bought a few things off eBay and am still awaiting feedback after leaving feedback weeks ago.
I wonder if sellers are using the new beta layout and missing out peoples feedback if they have lots of items?
Either way it's really annoying as I have 5 items been sat there now for quite a while waiting feedback, i'd understand 1 or 2 but 5 especially as they're each from different people?

Is anyone else having problem with sellers not leaving feedback? :confused:

Kazuya Mishima

Not that I've noticed, but I have always been irritated with the way that the majority of sellers withhold feedback until I have left some. If I pay promptly, shouldn't I receive feedback based on that alone? Why do they have to wait until I have got the item etc....

When I am the seller I always leave quick feedback based on the payment by the buyer.

Ian J

Banned
I've only sold about five things on Ebay and three of those never bothered to give me feedback.

I did sell something last week and must admit that I waited until he had given me feedback before I left his as he had a fairly low feedback and I didn't want to find that having given him a good rating he turned round and said that the item was faulty or hadn't arrived etc.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
I got the item and left feedback the day it came, i've been waiting weeks now and its kinda annoying me that 5 different people still havn't left feedback, I just wonder if its the new layout on ebay that's causing people ot miss it out, or if i've just got unlucky with being missed out on 5 different sellers.

I have 100% feedback and my numbers still quite low, so these 5 would kinda be nice to get.
Just wonder if I should follow it up with a message now or just leave it.

As a seller I leave feedback after payment myself. Shame others don't do this, seems i've probably got lost in their list of sold items?

Either way it's really annoying :(

IronGiant

I didn't even realise they had reinstated seller feedback on the buyer, I just looked and sure enough I have been getting feedback from my sellers since 17th September. Perhaps some sellers haven't realised the change has occured either?

Dave

I'm done with E-bay - and it's down to PP. Seems you can't buy or sell anything their anymore unless you have a PP account - and I've just reported them to the FSA under their fair treatment policy...

Hades

Distinguished Member
Its a strange thing is eBay at times. I use it quite a lot and I just stick with what I always have done for years now. When buying, I leave feedback upon receipt and being satisfied with the product purchased. Normally within 24 hours, I have received feedback in return.

When selling, I do not leave feedback until I have received it first. The simple reason is that I then know the buyer has received the item.

The feedback system on here seems to be just like eBay. The seller on AVF won't leave you feedback unless you leave it for them first. That has been my experience anyway. One which I don't have a problem with as they are obviously following a similar method I do. When they get feedback, they know the item has been received.

It might not be the right way, but its one many seem to apply.

Dj_Sim

If I dont get feedback in 2 weeks I send them a mail to remind them to leave feedback,

Iccz

Distinguished Member
yeah i just sent some messages now, got 1 piece of feedback a few minutes after the message on one!

ark383

Its a strange thing is eBay at times. I use it quite a lot and I just stick with what I always have done for years now. When buying, I leave feedback upon receipt and being satisfied with the product purchased. Normally within 24 hours, I have received feedback in return.

When selling, I do not leave feedback until I have received it first. The simple reason is that I then know the buyer has received the item.

The feedback system on here seems to be just like eBay. The seller on AVF won't leave you feedback unless you leave it for them first. That has been my experience anyway. One which I don't have a problem with as they are obviously following a similar method I do. When they get feedback, they know the item has been received.

It might not be the right way, but its one many seem to apply.

I must admit that is how I work on ebay. Feedback on here usually depends on when I can remember to do it, many because I will need the deal URL and several times I have gone into the rep screen and have forgotten to copy it.

D

Deleted member 152499

Don't forget that it is no longer possible, as a Seller, to leave Negative feedback for a buyer. With this in mind, if I'm the Seller I will always wait until feedback has been recieved before I reciprocate. After all, why should I enhance someone else's reputation if they can't be bothered to do the same? There's no fear from the Buyer leaving feedback first, as it's impossible for me as the Seller to leave negative feedback.

aphex232

yeah its happening to me recently as well, its taking a lot longer to get feedback, i find best thing to do is leave it a week or so, and then contact them and ask them kindly if its ok when they get a minute to leave some feedback...always worked for me so far

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Don't forget that it is no longer possible, as a Seller, to leave Negative feedback for a buyer. With this in mind, if I'm the Seller I will always wait until feedback has been recieved before I reciprocate. After all, why should I enhance someone else's reputation if they can't be bothered to do the same? There's no fear from the Buyer leaving feedback first, as it's impossible for me as the Seller to leave negative feedback.

Yeah that's fair enough but it's the same as a buyer for me now, i've had 5 items and 1 piece of feedback, I left all 5 feedback on arrival of the item and now im thinking why bother giving them reputation if they don't.
It's silly.

D

Deleted member 152499

I've got a 100% record with a score of 201, but I reckon I must have missed out on about 30 pieces of feedback because people don't bother. Really winds me up that the whole thing is based on trust and reputation, yet people can't be bothered to take 30 seconds out of their life to 'play the system'.....so frustrating.

When I sell something I usually wait until the buyer messages me about feedback or wait till it builds up, don't see why I should have to leave it in a reasonable amount of time, unless ebay pay me to or it or say it's in their rules...

Iccz

Distinguished Member
What's the point in not leaving feedback if they've left you it?
you're benefitting financially from selling your item and they're giving you feedback.
What harm is there in returning feedback for the sake of not even 1 minute of your time?

Ninja Seb

Why does everyone get so hung up about feedback. I can understand if someone is new to Ebay, they need it to build a good rep. I have 100% and many transactions under my belt, but I couldn't care less if I'm missing a few. It's not Pokemon. The only thing that matters is your percentage. Also, people who use Ebay quite a lot tend to do their feedback in bulk at the end of the month, because it's more efficient.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Well I don't have overly much, like I said I have 100% but still low numbers...
That's why it gets me these people have hundreds or thousands and are well established, yet people who don't have much would rather have the feedback sooner rather than later.
They're quick enough to take the money and ship the item...

I know it's all trivial but for a small time user any little feedback counts.

Hades

Distinguished Member
Not at all. I am genuine and have over 500 positive (100% record). Very honest in my auctions. Put loads of pics up. Mention any defects etc.

Also look after my stuff and keep all the packaging. Always comes in handy when the eventual eBay listing goes up. All my DVD's are mint, no marks on them, again helps by the bucket load when selling them on eBay.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom