1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sell though

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by shauny1, Aug 30, 2002.

1. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to sound stupid but what is a sell though dvd

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not a daft question at all, as we can't all be expected to translate marketing/industry speak.

'Sell through' refers to non-rental discs which are available at retail to the public.

As with VHS tapes, rental versions differ from those the end consumer is able to buy from a shop (sell-through).

3. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks
    so then
    which version is better?

4. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The sell through. It's what you see for sale in all the shops and on web sites. Rental disks normaly have no extra's an cost between £30 to £60. It does mean if you bought a rental disk, you could rent it out to family and friends for money and not be breaking the law though.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always thought it's rather silly that Splash DVD advertise some of their DVDs as "sell throughs". We would presume that they were regular retail DVDs anyway. If they have rental versions for sale (which I've never seen, but then I've never looked hard enough for them), then it's better to just mark up those ones as being rentals and stop confusing everybody!