Sell / keep MZR90, MZR39, MZRH1 minidisc?

Andy3142

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've got some old mindisc players - MZR90, MZR39, MZRH1 in good condition complete with bits and bobs. I'd been going to sell them until I realised how enthusiastic people still are about this format. Still, I don't need 3. So I'd appreciate your thoughts on:

--- assuming they all still work, if I wanted to keep one, which one should I keep? Reliability counts more than sound quality.
--- if I sell them (UK), where can I get an idea what to charge? - the secondhand market for these kind of things looks confusing. And, where would I offer them for sale?

Many thanks

Andy
Bristol

As far as pricing them goes have a look on eBay and tick the “Completed Listings” and “Sold” checkboxes to give you some idea of what they actually go for.

i can understand why people are enthusiastic i loved my mzr30. Can still remember the day i realised i could plug into my ps2 through opt and record from my cds. I was over the moon even though i had a recorder in my seperates. simple things i suppose

I've had the following over the years:

MZ-R3, MZ-R50, MZ-NH1, MZ-RH1 and MDS-JB920

The R3 died and Sony replaced with an R50. I sold that years ago. I also sold my NH1 and really regretted it, so bought a second-hand one a year or two later. Then I bought an RH1 new in 2006. I still have the NH1, RH1 and JB920. I don't think I'll ever sell the NH1 and RH1 as they are so unique and lovely. During lockdown I replaced the OLED displays and repaired the record head on my RH1 and now works great again. I keep thinking I should sell the JB920 as it's been in the loft for years and I never use it, but I reckon i'd regret selling it.

If I were you I would sell the MZ-R90 and MZ-R39 and keep the MZ-RH1.

Speaking of minidisc , I have dug out my old MZ-NH1

IMG_1755.jpeg

awaiting for a replacement LIP4WM battery to arrive to see if this thing still works.

awaiting for a replacement LIP4WM battery to arrive to see if this thing still works.

I have a few, but none are much good now, so built my own during 2020 lockdown. Works really well, if a little tight to fit.

20220713_091140.jpg

I have a few, but none are much good now, so built my own during 2020 lockdown. Works really well, if a little tight to fit.

View attachment 1723652
Nice.

I brought an adapter for my NH1 Unit so that it can be charged and or synced via a USB C Cable. I still got those 1GB Discs about. Im going see if it is possible to transfer data onto them for a laugh

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom