Self-Isolation Top 10 Movie Franchises Part 1 - article discussion

Superb :D

Love this - and personally I think Timothy Dalton is the best of the bunch

Bold (you know) move there, on oh so many levels.
Something we are trying, is to watch one or two episodes of a complete series with dinner each evening and then a film (franchise or otherwise) at night in a unifying move.

If you want something you could probably watch in one day, I would recommend the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movie collaborations. Shaun of the dead, Hot Fuzz, Paul and The World's End.

Excellent piece. I even agreed with most of your film choices for best / worst (MI 2 really was appalling)

Harry Potter films are always good to watch if you have plenty of time on your hands.

Best film - Order of the Phoenix
Worst film - Half Blood Prince

Tarrantino Films or Terminator Films
Is this an either/or question? If so, it's a hard decision to make.
Like if someone asked you "Subway BMT or C5 Envelope"
I don't think I could answer.
You wouldn't want a C5 Envelope for lunch, but equally you couldn't put a birthday card in a BMT...well, I suppose you could...

Excellent piece. I even agreed with most of your film choices for best / worst (MI 2 really was appalling)

Harry Potter films are always good to watch if you have plenty of time on your hands.

Best film - Order of the Phoenix
Worst film - Half Blood Prince
Only if you like watching terrible child actors :p. Throw in the live action Disney remakes you sadist!

I don't mind Star Trek Into Darkness, Definitely not the worst ST film!

Very nice @Tom Davies

Might I also suggest Friday 13th just so I'm not suffering it alone :laugh:

Think I'm going to dip into Police Academy next :D

Love this - and personally I think Timothy Dalton is the best of the bunch

^^^^ This man knows his Bond :smashin:

I've just completed 23 Marvel films back to back all in release order! Was epic!!

Followed this order - How to watch the Marvel movies in order

I have also just done this. Absolutely outstanding watching them all again in such a short space of time. Seeing the story unfold.

I now consider the Infinity Saga one of the all time great cinematic achievements.

Whether you like the films or not, there's no denying the genius of the process.

Very nice @Tom Davies

Might I also suggest Friday 13th just so I'm not suffering it alone :laugh:

Think I'm going to dip into Police Academy next :D

^^^^ This man knows his Bond :smashin:

I have also just done this. Absolutely outstanding watching them all again in such a short space of time. Seeing the story unfold.

I now consider the Infinity Saga one of the all time great cinematic achievements.

Whether you like the films or not, there's no denying the genius of the process.
You're going to be so disappointed by my horror pick in part 2.

Also, I suggest NOT Police Academy. Do the Toho Godzilla movies instead! They're all great!

You're going to be so disappointed by my horror pick in part 2.

Also, I suggest NOT Police Academy. Do the Toho Godzilla movies instead! They're all great!

I'm normally disappointed by horror franchises, but there are a few I like. Will wait and see what you come up with.

Agree on As Good As It Gets too. It's a fantastic film, one of the best of the 90's.

I don't think I could put Into Darkness at the bottom of the Trek pile. For me it would be Beyond or Nemesis. I'm not a fan of the reboot though anyway, I think they've all been poor. I'm hoping they're not back for a 4th affair.

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. Some Bond flicks. What’s not to like.

If you want something you could probably watch in one day, I would recommend the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movie collaborations. Shaun of the dead, Hot Fuzz, Paul and The World's End.
Hot Fuzz is brilliant! Never have I laughed so much...😂😂🤣🤪

Last edited:

I'd somehow managed to avoid most of them over the last 10 years or so, mainly because I'd miss the first few and was always keen to start at the beginning so carried on missing them. But yes 100% agree, it was amazing watching them all over 3-4 weeks, the finale with Infinity Wars / End Game was epic. I'm gutted that run of films has sort of finished now... But I'm sure there's some great Marvel yet to come.

Thor Ragnarok was defo one of my favourites!

Yes, the Marvel Movies are great movies. Infinity War, the first one is the best of the bunch in my opinion. But they are very good movies never the less. Great movie marathon now a days.😊😊

Star Trek Into Darkness a low point? Seriously? You think Beyond is a better film? er...

Idk there is so much to watch now.... i still have to work.... that blows a bit but between work family time i plan on doing some good movies / shows.

i plan on doing the star wars saga. It a tough one as i really dont like the last 3 and ep 1-3 are also a little pap.

I have been watching a lot of Rambo. Last blood is a good easy to watch movie with popcorn

The kids have never seen Indiana jones- that fails fun

I never complete the HR set or LOTR so now may be a goof time

TV

I plan on better caul saul

ozark s.3

mandalorian

and finishing its always sunny in Philadelphia

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom