Self-Isolation Top 10 Movie Franchises Part 1 - article discussion

I recently purchased the complete "quantum leap" boxset, i'm currently on episode 2 of about 100 episodes of good old Sam and hal putting right what once went wrong.

I'm saving 'Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan' until by 50th birthday later this year...

McCoy: "Happy Birthday!"
Kirk: "I don't know what to say."
McCoy: "Well you could say thank you."
Kirk: "Thank you."
McCoy: "Damn it, Jim, what the hell's the matter with you? Other people have birthdays. Why are we treating yours like a funeral? "

Regards,
James.

I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy last week - blu ray / extended (hadn't watched them in years).
They were just as good as I remembered. Although it was 20 odd years ago they were released they've hardly aged at all. Some of the CGI now looks a bit wonky, but overall they could have been made just a year or two ago.
Such a pity PJ was thrust into the directors chair late in the game for the Hobbit trilogy (watched them once, never again). If only GDT had done his adaptation they may have turned out just a good as the original LOTR trilogy, instead of the lackluster mess they were.

I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy last week - blu ray / extended (hadn't watched them in years).
They were just as good as I remembered. Although it was 20 odd years ago they were released they've hardly aged at all. Some of the CGI now looks a bit wonky, but overall they could have been made just a year or two ago.
Such a pity PJ was thrust into the directors chair late in the game for the Hobbit trilogy (watched them once, never again). If only GDT had done his adaptation they may have turned out just a good as the original LOTR trilogy, instead of the lackluster mess they were.
Totally agree. The Hobbit films were a terrible mess.
I quite like the middle movie with the Dragon, but there was so much padding in the other two.

A real shame :-(

And they looked awful in 48 FPS.

Regards,
James.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom