Self Contained Dab/CD "Portable" for the Kitchen?

Mark Ward

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking for a DAB/CD player for the Kitchen. Must be Stereo with integrated speakers, I don't need a cassette player and would ideally like a fairly stylish & compact unit. It'll sit on the side away from all the cooking area so it doesn't need to be anything specifically designed for Kitchens, simply something to replace our ageing CD-Radio/Cassette.

The only potential one I've come across so far is LG LPCBM340 which doesn't look that great to me but having trouble locating alternatives. I've also found the JVC RVNB1 but it's far too ugly and the Philips AZ6000 looks to be fairly large compared to the LG from the pictures, despite having only 2x2Watts RMS Power.

Price Preferable under £200 (I wouldn't complain if it was a LOT under;)).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark.

I'll certainly consider that one, though not sure what I think of the looks. Certainly worth going to see.

Anyone know what this one is? It's on the header page but can't find it on the site here

Thanks,

Mark.

That Teac looks Ideal CJCross Thanks :) COuld still do with finding out what the model from that header page is too though.

I'm going to John Lewis tomorrow to have a look at that Teac.

Cheers,

Mark.

It's under £130 plus £7.99 delivery at unbeatable.co.uk with stock available too!

nabby said:
It's under £130 plus £7.99 delivery at unbeatable.co.uk with stock available too!

Nabby you have to be careful, there is a FM only version of the L50 IIRC, I see no mention of DAB for the Unbeatable model FWIW. L50 DAB model at best is £180 on the net, anyone finds one below that let me know for the new year :smashin:

ATB

Ordered the Teac SR-L50DAB from QED for £186.11 Incl VAT & Delivery :)

Thanks for the suggestions, it is exactly what I was looking for. They are out of stock right now but due in tomorrow.

Incidently, they have an amazing offer on the non-DAB version..£95.18 here and in stock.

Thanks again,

Mark.

Mark Ward said:
Looking for a DAB/CD player for the Kitchen. Must be Stereo with integrated speakers, I don't need a cassette player and would ideally like a fairly stylish & compact unit. It'll sit on the side away from all the cooking area so it doesn't need to be anything specifically designed for Kitchens, simply something to replace our ageing CD-Radio/Cassette.
Me too!!

The one you've gone for looks brilliant.

I get a very poor FM signal at my house, would DAB be better or worse? Does anybody know:lease:

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom