Self-catering in Tenerife over Christmas ?

Nick_UK

Ex Member
Reaction score
.... or Tenerife even ! :)

My wife and I are considering spending Christmas in Tenerife this year, and we prefer self-catering (we actually prefer to eat out). Has anyone any experience of Tenerife at Christmas ? Are bars & restaurants open during the Christmas holidays ? I presume they would be, but don't want to go hungry over Christmas ! :eek:

Hi Ya,

Havn't been to Tenerife, but have been to Fueterventura for the last couple of years around that time and would imagine the two Islands are very similar.

Things start to ramp up the week before, and once the last flights hit the tarmac the place is really buzzing. Everything is open, and you'll have no problems. Most places also have a Christmas dinner / Party organized, although it's not cheap.

Wifey has just reminded me that her best mates dad always goes to Tenerife for a month over Dec / Jan and says the place is swinging.

We are going to try an all inclusive in Cancun this year, so are a little bit in the same shoes as you are. Anyone been ???

Had a few holidays there before it got busy, at the southern part of the island in Playa de las Amercaas at the southern part is less cloudy than the north.

Use to stay at the Grand Tenerife but been told it more or less take with the Germans now.

Thanks Steve & Garrett ! We're thinking of Puerto De La Cruz - it's an older resort than most of the others, but it's full of character, and it has the Loro Parque (the Parrot Park) which is well worth a visit (much more than Parrots there).

That’s the north of the island. At one time that was the main resort than Playa came along.

Could tell you a tale about hiring a car out and a trip there, and up to the Dragon tree, which if was if a Carry on film you would say it was very far fetched even by their standards.

Mount Teide worth a trip up to, it’s the islands volcano and I believe a number of films have been made the thing One Million Years BC being one of them.

shahedz said:
if you're interested Nick, my freind's mum and dad rent out thier property in Tenerife

www.lamarinatenerife.co.uk

Thanks mate - I'll talk to the missus. It's a great offer, but I think she really wants to go to Puerto De La Cruz. We've been to Tenerife a few times (been up Mt Teide twice), but just never over Christmas. We've seen the more popular resorts like Playa De Las Americas, and Los Christianos, but we prefer Puerto, because it has more character, even if the weather can sometimes be a degree or two cooler.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom