• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

selective data roaming

DrD787

I am on a cruise ship at the moment in Europe and have enabled the Orange 30Mb per day plan for £3. I am also using the iphone to tether my ipad. Because my access to wifi is very sporadic I am trying to be very sparing with use of data. Is there a way of turning on data roaming but avoiding unexpected surprises e.g. Photos syncing to the photo stream on iCloud ? I activated my wife's O2 25MB plan as well and the first day without doing anything I was aware that was using data I blew through 84 MB. Fortunately, all I got was an admonishing text from O2 saying don't do it again. It could have been something like Dropbox syncing but who knows.

bransoj

I suspect the only thing you can do is to turn of push notifications and then work through settings for various apps to see if they have anything that will help. I've noticed some things have options that make them work only on Wifi etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom