Selective colouring in PSE 6 - Help Please!

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I admit to being easily confused when it comes to using layers etc in PSE 6 and I seldom do any succesful PP other than cropping and minor tweaks. However, today I took one pic that I think would look good if I applied selective colouring to it, I have tried to no avail to do this. Can anybody either tell me a step by step method or point me to an "idiots' guide" website.

BTW - I have the NEF file and Capture NX so I suppose I could use that, but again I am clueless :confused:

Thanks!

OK, I admit to being easily confused when it comes to using layers etc in PSE 6 and I seldom do any succesful PP other than cropping and minor tweaks. However, today I took one pic that I think would look good if I applied selective colouring to it, I have tried to no avail to do this. Can anybody either tell me a step by step method or point me to an "idiots' guide" website.

BTW - I have the NEF file and Capture NX so I suppose I could use that, but again I am clueless :confused:

Thanks!

Hi there,
When u say selective colouring, there are a number of ways (like everything in photoshop!) to achieve this. I use the Hue/Saturation (Ctrl + U) feature a lot when I want to tone down colours or increase vibrancy.

If you want to change certain colours only, then u can use the 'replace colour' (image/adjustments/replace colour) to replace a single. I dont have PSE6 so not sure if the functionality is the same as CS3 but if you explain a bit further what u are trying to achieve I will try to help.. :smashin:

Edit: Oh, make sure to always duplicate your original layer & u can use the lasso (L) tool to select shapes/objects which u can re-colour...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom