1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selection of Sky channels ??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by marcatkins, Apr 30, 2002.

1. marcatkins

marcatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Because of the news today on ITV digital we want to go over to Sky. I have a question however :D

My dad got sky installed last week (so doesnt know alot about the way it works yet!) and while mesing about with the handset my other 1/2 noticed that in the channel list she accesed on the hanset there are alot of adult channels. Whilst I know these are PPV chans they do have a freeview time each evening from what I can gather. My question is can you ask Sky not to supply these channels to you at all.

What with alot of kids running about at all times the prospect of them coming across one of those channels at a freeview time doesn't really appeal :eek:

I'm assuming you can have a parental block but is the hassle of that needed........simply put can sky withhold those channels ?

cheers

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Simple answer is No.
    These channels are for the most part not owned by SKY and they do not have the right or the legal authority to block access to these channelsas long as they comply with ITC regualtions.
    Even if the "kids" in the household have unsupervised access to SKY after 9pm the freeview is nothing to worry about, they will see more explicit material on ch4 and ch5 and some of the post watershed dramas on the BBC and ITV1.

I'll really get you worried now and tell you to tune into channel 416 after 1.15 am :)

3. marcatkins

marcatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply starburst......so chann 416 is abit 'risque' then :D

marc