Selecting UK servers on a US PS3?

Quicksilver25

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Searched for this on the forums and came up zip, so here goes!
Two of my mates have gone out and bought UK PS3's with UK copys of COD3.
I have a US PS3 with a US copy of COD3.
I have a US and UK PS account.. (i only use the UK one now),QUIKSILVA.
We did a little experiment tonight where i created a game and they searched for it.. guess what.. they didnt see it!
I browsed through the other servers on the list and they all had US sounding names... harleyman, USMC, faghunters etc. all of which my mates could not see.
They on the other hand saw servers called jonnyenglish, uk killers and so on.. obviously Uk servers..
Now, as i'm using my Uk account to sign in and play COD3 why am i only 'seeing' US servers and when i 'create' a game it lists on US server lists?:eek:
So the question is 'how do i select Uk only servers?'
Sorry if its something glaringly obvious but i'm stumped!:suicide:
Cheers,
Q.

Sounds like COD3 restricts at least by region of the disc. I believe you too need the UK game. That's how Motorstorm works online too.

Most of the games that offer online on the PS3 restrict you to playing on servers which are located in the same region as where the copy of the game is from. Motorstorm and Resistence Fall Of Man are like this. For example if you have a UK version you can only play on the UK servers and if you have a US one then only on the US servers. I suspect COD3 is probably the same although I can't say for sure. The only way around it would be for you to replace your US copy of COD3 with a UK one.

Most of the games that offer online on the PS3 restrict you to playing on servers which are located in the same region as where the copy of the game is from. Motorstorm and Resistence Fall Of Man are like this. For example if you have a UK version you can only play on the UK servers and if you have a US one then only on the US servers.

For Resistance it's the region of the console that matters, not the game.

Am I correct in saying that a UK machine will play games from all regions though (regardless of online play)?

I'm thinking of Pro Evo/Winning 11 here?

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom