Selecting inputs with H885 on LE32R51B

gavan

Hi,

I've got a niggle with my Harmony 885 which is starting to annoy me. My telly doesn't appear to have direct selection of the various AV inputs so the remote needs to cycle through them by sending the 'source' button command.

Fair enough, but it mostly seems to get the input wrong for my XBox (set up on component input). The other inputs for Sky, DVD and VCR are on the SCARTS 1&2 so I can't say if it's also messing them up, as the SCART select signal will be pulling the telly to that input whenever I select 'watch the device'.

OK, it's easy enough to fix with a few button presses from the 'help' key, but has anyone got any ideas? I'm pretty sure I've entered the available inputs correctly ... scart1 (Sky and DVD), scart2 (VCR), s-video (switched through amp), av (composite,also switched through amp) and component (direct from Xbox). The source button doesn't switch to the TV tuner so I left that out of the input list on the website.

Could it be that the source select on the SCART is confusing the 'device state' memory of the Harmony by grabbing the input channel?

Gav

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
gavan said:
Could it be that the source select on the SCART is confusing the 'device state' memory of the Harmony by grabbing the input channel?

Gav
very possible what AV amp are you using?

gavan

hornydragon said:
very possible what AV amp are you using?

I'm using an STR-DB930 - but I'm not using it for video switching for the telly, just s-video to the projector.

The Sky+ box is connected to the TV via RGB SCART. I think there's an option somewhere to disable the input select signal on the digibox side, I'll try that and see if it stops the remote getting confused.

Gav

clockworks

Discrete input selection codes do exist for the R51 series. I've got them on my Pronto, found them on Remote Central.
Probably not much help to you, unless you can cut'n paste the raw codes in the Harmony.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
it cant cut and paste but can learn them or i think if they are mailed to harmony CS they can add them to a device/ profile

clockworks

I can email you my Pronto ccf (configuration file) with the relevant buttons, if that's any help.

czzer

I just added that TV to my setup to have a look, and it already has the direct selection codes in the database.

Go to the device mode for the TV and try all the "Input" type commands while sitting in front of the TV to see which ones actually work.

When you know which commands are the correct ones, go to your home page, select "More options" for the TV device, then "Adjust Inputs". Go through the questions and say you have a button to go to each input directly. When it asks for the commands, select the ones you found earlier.

gavan

Thanks to all who gave suggestions. There were indeed some codes for direct input selection and I have finally got around to updating my 885 - all now works well.

Strangely, command codes for a few inputs seem to have been missing, but since these were the SCART2 (composite only) and AV (again, composite) which I don't use, no great loss. If I need to, I can use the 'next input' command to cycle to them.

Gav

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom